I'm sick....

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
I hate this time of year. I should put a taxi sign on the magic bus because it seems that is what we become. It seems the c/c is runny nose, N/V and maybe even a productive cough (clear).

Why do people seem to think that I am going to get them to the doctor any quicker? One person who was put into the lounge by the triage nurse told me the nurse was wrong, last time she came by ambulance they took her straight to the back because thats the way it is supposed to work....not 40, 50 or 60y.o. pt's. 20, 21 etc....

This time of year santa can kiss my backside, maybe he should ride the sleigh around and give free rides to the er. Sorry, needed to vent..

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
you neglected to mention the rise in Psych ports where the Pt. is listed as Homeless
many things about this time of year that cause me to cringe, but it seens that it alomst comes with the territory.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Dec 19 2004, 02:34 AM
you neglected to mention the rise in Psych ports where the Pt. is listed as Homeless
many things about this time of year that cause me to cringe, but it seens that it alomst comes with the territory.
<Cue Music> Its the most wonderful time...Of the year........

MassMedic1052

Forum Probie
Oh yes the wonderful increase in transports these time of the year....It's a wonderful thing <NOT>. The overdoses....took one the other night in fact was all high on Heroin and cocaine and everything else he could find tried to go to his parents house on X-Mas night. He was so messed up he didn't realize that his parents didn't live there anymore so the police came and pc'd him....get the cellblock call for the eval and OMG what a PITA. Of course he was an IVDA couldn't get a line so got creative and used the MAD device MA= Mucosal Atomizer Device to give him Nasal narcan he was inhaling it like it was a bag of dope kinda sad. I am sooooo glad that X-mas is over however we all still have New Years Eve to deal with.......Sung to the tune of Deck the Halls

Stick the line and give the narcan
FaLaLaLaLa...la la la la
Tis the season to be sh*tfaced
Falalalalala...lalalala
In the Trach we place the ET tube
falalalalala.....lalalala
Place the lights on and go to the E.R

Or in the spirit of The Wizard of OZ
*Restraints...Ativan...Haldol OH MY!!!

Happy Holidays

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm sick... will you guys come take care of me????

Everybody left me all alone so they could go to work. :(

rescuecpt

Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Dec 28 2004, 06:45 PM
Poor baby... But we all know that healthcare providers make the worst patients.
Hahaha, thanks. I'm a pretty good patient considering my pain threshold is twice as high as most people's. Although I did almost call an ambulance last night. I thought I was going to choke to death - I figured with enhanced 911 once the siren and tones went off my parents would wake up and come in to listen to my pager and discover my limp, lifeless body... :lol:

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Dec 28 2004, 08:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Dec 28 2004, 08:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PArescueEMT@Dec 28 2004, 06:45 PM
Poor baby... But we all know that healthcare providers make the worst patients.
Hahaha, thanks. I'm a pretty good patient considering my pain threshold is twice as high as most people's. Although I did almost call an ambulance last night. I thought I was going to choke to death - I figured with enhanced 911 once the siren and tones went off my parents would wake up and come in to listen to my pager and discover my limp, lifeless body... :lol: [/b][/quote]
Well... not as bad as I last night... I nearly woke up dead after having an asthma attack while sleeping. My mother is still commenting on the "strange color" my lips turned.

But I know that I'm a bad Pt. I just got to my MDI and settled everything down, got my O2 sat back up to 98, and went back to bed.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
DFDEMS,

I'm late on this thread (as usual). I hope you're feeling better by now. Last night I just worked with a medic that came from Detroit EMS. We work in a suburb and see almost no homeless people or drug users, last night we had a homeless heroin user. She knew all the right questions to ask, it was interesting to watch.

Take care!

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MMiz@Dec 29 2004, 12:26 AM
last night we had a homeless heroin user.
We have two places in the Corp's district where we find people like this... the Townhouse Motor Inn and the Howard Johnson's Hotel. Both of them are barely inside the district line, go figure. The HoJo's is where the addicts go to score, while the Townhouse is where the addicts go to "clean up". Supposedly. The sad part is the Townhouse used to be this cute lakeside motel/resort, but now it's full of junkies trying to clean up (good for them) but apparently not doing a very good job (bad for them).

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Dec 28 2004, 02:30 PM
I'm sick... will you guys come take care of me????

Everybody left me all alone so they could go to work. :(
Umm...CAN OF WORMS ALERT

As the joke was in EMT Class - no harm meant, foul mind ALERT!!!!

:rolleyes: "can I palpate those deformaties" :rolleyes:

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Dec 29 2004, 04:45 PM
Hahahaha!!!

That's similar to when I dressed up as an Elf for our Operation Frosty thing - the other elves were 14 year old boys... and one of the Chiefs whispered in my ear "Mommy, why does that elf have bumps on her chest?"

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Dec 29 2004, 06:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Dec 29 2004, 06:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Dec 29 2004, 04:45 PM
Hahahaha!!!

That's similar to when I dressed up as an Elf for our Operation Frosty thing - the other elves were 14 year old boys... and one of the Chiefs whispered in my ear "Mommy, why does that elf have bumps on her chest?" [/b][/quote]
Sorry, you opened the door, and when I Trusted everyone else to go there and they didn't I decided that I needed to step up to the plate. :lol:

KMG365

Jon

OP
OP
D

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
MMiz,

I keep forgeting you work in the metro area. Wayne, Macomb or Oakland?

Either way, This pic might explain it better..

pic

I guess some people live by it. Its sad pushing narcan on a 60 y.o pt while your doing cpr. If you partner worked here start listening for key phrases...

Phrase: "What shoes do you want to wear to the hospital"
Meaning: we are not carrying you....

Actually, I cant think of anymore right now..Time for me to go to bed..

Stay safe

MICU802

Forum Ride Along
But I know that I'm a bad Pt. I just got to my MDI and settled everything down, got my O2 sat back up to 98, and went back to bed.

You have your own pulse ox?

YOU WHACKER!

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
Aren't we all wackers though?

I always said that I would never call 911 in my area for fear of the people who would come. I know these people. It's scary!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
DFDEMS,

Late reply on this one, sorry. I work in Oakland County, and only venture down to Detroit for transfers.

Detroit is clearly not my thing. I'm used to walking into a hospital, passing off the patient, and getting back on the road. In Detroit it seems we wait, wait a bit more, get wrong directions, go through the wrong one-way locking door, get stuck on the floor that requires a code to get off of, then drop the patient off.

I know Universal and Community have large operations in the area, and I know people that have worked in the area, but I just don't think I could do it.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by MICU802@Jan 26 2005, 04:34 PM

You have your own pulse ox?

YOU WHACKER!
What can I say... $20 at a yard sale for a nellcor... how could I pass it up?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by 40sCutest@Jan 26 2005, 01:52 PM
Aren't we all wackers though?

I always said that I would never call 911 in my area for fear of the people who would come. I know these people. It's scary!
Reading this thread, I can't get this mental image out of my head...

Pac-Man with a Star of Life on his side chewing his way across my desktop going, "wacker, wacker, wacker"

:lol:

Does this mean I'm a wacker, too?

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Jan 28 2005, 02:50 AM
Reading this thread, I can't get this mental image out of my head...

Pac-Man with a Star of Life on his side chewing his way across my desktop going, "wacker, wacker, wacker"

:lol:

Does this mean I'm a wacker, too?
Sometimes I get that image... I just thought I was the only one!