Illinois State Basic EMT test

rach22

Forum Probie
Hello, I'm new here looking for advice and help. I have taken my Illinois state basic emt test 4 times now and have failed, I have taken a refresher course before my 4th attempt. I have tried online study programs, bought books, ect... and still cannot pass. I'm extremely down on myself about it. What has helped you guys pass? What have you used to study? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
rach22

rach22

Forum Probie
Have you taken the NREMT exam? Try that and see if you pass.

I Don't think I can now, I have 2 more attempts at the Illinois State then I assume I will have to take the class over again.

Alan L Serve

Forum Captain
I Don't think I can now, I have 2 more attempts at the Illinois State then I assume I will have to take the class over again.
Find out if you can take the NREMT. I think you might be able to but you should call the NREMT and ask. Tell them you've finished your EMT class and want to take their exam. You don't need to mention anything about state exam failure.

OP
OP
rach22

rach22

Forum Probie
Find out if you can take the NREMT. I think you might be able to but you should call the NREMT and ask. Tell them you've finished your EMT class and want to take their exam. You don't need to mention anything about state exam failure.
Ok, will do.