Illinois paramedic moving to Indiana... Question

Fenix

Forum Ride Along
Hello all,

I'm new to the site and need some help with a question.

I'm an IL. paramedic and am going to be moving for work to IN. does anyone know for sure (or at least pretty sure) what the reciprocity process is if any? I've had a lot of people tell me "I think you..." which is why I'm more focusing on help from people who actually know the process or have gone through it.

Thanx in advance.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Found at http://www.in.gov/dhs/files/reciprocity.pdf

Paramedic
To obtain paramedic certification based upon reciprocity, an applicant shall be affiliated with a certified paramedic provider organization and be a person who, at the time of applying for reciprocity possesses a valid certificate or license as a paramedic from the National Registry. Application for certification shall be postmarked or delivered to the commission office within six (6) months of the request for reciprocity.
Any nonresident of Indiana who possesses a certificate or license as a paramedic that is
valid in another state may apply to the agency for temporary certification as a paramedic. Upon receipt of a valid application and verification of valid status by the agency, the agency may issue temporary certification that shall be valid for the duration of the applicant’s current certificate or license or for a period not to exceed six (6) months from the date that the reciprocity request is approved by the director, whichever period of time is shorter. A person receiving temporary certification may apply for full certification upon receiving their National Registry Paramedic certification.

This site also has a link to the above information, along with other information you may find useful.