ICS and NIMS

BL89

Forum Probie
Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing great. I'm new to EMTLife.com. This is my first post. My question is what is the difference between ICS and NIMS? I have to take IS 100 (Intro to ICS) and IS 700 (NIMS). I would like to know exactly what the difference between the two are. I know this might sound like a stupid question but I'm a little bit confused and I would just like to know before I started the courses.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing great. I'm new to EMTLife.com. This is my first post. My question is what is the difference between ICS and NIMS? I have to take IS 100 (Intro to ICS) and IS 700 (NIMS). I would like to know exactly what the difference between the two are. I know this might sound like a stupid question but I'm a little bit confused and I would just like to know before I started the courses.

ICS is more of a local command system where as NIMS is more so based for government and federal.

ICS is part of NIMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Im not sure. I think its just how they label their courses IS-100, IS-200 etc

Independent study.

You do them by yourself online.

There are some courses like I believe 400 where it is an actual class that you go to.

I have 100 200 700 and 800 done. The gov't will be flying me to alabama as soon as I schedule it to do some of the im person training. And it is all expenses paid.

ICS is just the Incident Command System. Which NIMS was created for. It is to make a national standard so rescuers from all of the US can go to one disaster and be able to operate and communicate the same.

OP
OP
B

BL89

Forum Probie
I don't understand the relationship between NIMS and ICS could someone help me out.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Independent study.

You do them by yourself online.

There are some courses like I believe 400 where it is an actual class that you go to.

I have 100 200 700 and 800 done. The gov't will be flying me to alabama as soon as I schedule it to do some of the im person training. And it is all expenses paid.

ICS is just the Incident Command System. Which NIMS was created for. It is to make a national standard so rescuers from all of the US can go to one disaster and be able to operate and communicate the same.

I have those same certs. Company requires all employes to get them before being hired on.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't understand the relationship between NIMS and ICS could someone help me out.
Have you taken them yet? You're asking questions these two things repeat for about three hours each, lol.

Anjel

Forum Angel
NIMS teaches you a univesal Incident command. Which is ICS.

National Incident Command system. Take the courses and you will see real fast what they have to do with each other.

Anjel

Forum Angel
NIMS teaches you a univesal Incident command. Which is ICS.

National Incident Command system. Take the courses and you will see real fast what they have to do with each other.

Oops I just realized I mistyped. Its national incident management system.