I think I am reading something wrong

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
Could I get a few of you to look at the links below, and tell me what you think?

This is the school I am planning on attending, but it looks like the EMT-B and Paramedic courses are the same, with one real odd difference. The EMT-B course has two additional classes.

EMT-B
http://www.mchs.edu/pdf/quick_guides/ASEMS.pdf

Paramedic
http://www.mchs.edu/pdf/quick_guides/Paramedic.pdf

If you look at the EMT-B (EMS as they call it) Only HS/GED is required. Looking at the paramedic they require EMT-B cert.

This is a great area nursing school. I would prefer to go here as it's a full time course load. Our community college is only half time. What I think I will do is take EMT-B, EMT-I and Bio, Gross anatomy etc. etc. then go to this school for the accelerated paramedic.

The other thing I think I will do is visit both schools tomorrow and get some clarification. :)

Thanks in advance
BJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Summit

Critical Crazy
I think there must be a typo. Why not call or email the school and ask?

JPINFV

Gadfly
It looks like one is a degree in EMS and the other is a paramedic certificate program. If you look on the right side of page 1 in the ASEMS page, there's a requirement for EMT-B prior to starting the AS program.

Edit: According to this page, the paramedic program, EMS certificate program, and the AS in EMS program all require an EMT-B prior to starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ihalterman

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
It looks like one is a degree in EMS and the other is a paramedic certificate program. If you look on the right side of page 1 in the ASEMS page, there's a requirement for EMT-B prior to starting the AS program.

Edit: According to this page, the paramedic program, EMS certificate program, and the AS in EMS program all require an EMT-B prior to starting.

Yep, I just caught that. Wow, I need to sleep more. :)

Thanks for the fast responses.

I think what I will do is take EMT-B and EMT-I plus 4 of the degree classes at DMACC and then transfer to Mercy for the ASEMS degree. Should graduate late summer 2011 with work experience thru our VFD EMS.