I need some guidance...

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
I have had 2 job offers... hopefully this will make sense.

I applied at a transport service on the recomendation of my instructor. I went for an interview, the guy wasnt in. I did a little interview with his partner and didnt hear anything for 10 days. In the meantime, I began applying at other places. We will call this service 1

I dropped an application off at a 911 service on a Friday. HR interviewed me on the spot and said that if I passed the drug and physical agility test, he would be giving me a written offer that week. I passed and he called to set up an appointment for the following Monday (which was 10 days from the impromptu interview). We will call this service 2.

While I was waiting for that Monday, service 1 called me and set up an appointment. I went to that appointment. Although I didnt accept or deny their offer, they put me on the schedule beginning 5/13. I was really hoping that the service 2 would fall into place, primarily because I like the benefits that they offer(namely insurance since my hubby is taking a severance package from Delta Airlines on 6.16). I decided that I would wait until Monday for the formal offer from service 2 and turn service 1 down.

So I show up at service 2 ready to accept the offer... the HR guy who scheduled the appointment isnt in. I talked to him on the phone, my paperwork wasnt back from HR and he apologized profusely for not being in. I talked to him again on tuesday, my paperwork was in order and he said he would let me know by Wednesday at 1 what time orientation would begin this week. He said that I definately have a full time position and that there is no trouble with any of my paperwork. Here it is Friday at 11am and I still havent heard anything from service 2. He is going out of town all next week. The following week is when I'm supposed to start at service 1.

WTF should I do? Do I call? Do I begin service 1? I'm at a loss. Are all ambulance services this scatterbrained? Am I expecting too much? Out of my 4 interviews with 2 different services, only 1 time was the person who scheduled the interview in the office... and that was the impromptu interview when I dropped off my applicatoin. I'm really feeling defeated right now. :sad:

OP
OP
E

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
Nevermind... its all figured out! I got what I wanted to hear. This job hunting is driving me insane, especially since my hubby is taking a 50% paycut in salary and Will and I won't have his insurance beginning 12/01

hitechredneckemt

Forum Crew Member
Glad all turned out well ,and all services ive been around seem scaterbrained but dont let it discourge you