I need some advice !

emtbasic2014

Forum Ride Along
Hello Everyone

I am trying so hard to stay positive through this all I got my Emt basic in 2014 no one was hiring and life got in the way and I was not able to use it until now I have applied at many jobs and keep getting turned down I just started to volunteer so I can get some experience maybe that should help but I know by the time I get all my CE stuff done I wont be able to Renew my national registry because its due this march and working full time and nights its hard to do all the CE stuff but I will still have my state certification and if I wanna move the EMT course is not too long I can always do that again to get my national back I heard if you loose it you can retake the national registry test again if you still have your state cert and it has been 2 years and take a 24 hour refresher course but if I do not pass the national will I loose my state cert or can I still do my Ce courses for that have any of you out there been having trouble finding jobs because it been so bad for me out there and I am starting to loose hope of have a carrier in this field also have any of you had to go through the process of getting your national back I feel bad that I may loose it but i could not help not being able to find anything but one thing is i still study to keep fresh but i am scared to forget something on the truck so i need some advice or encouragement on what you guys are doing out there

Thanks

Joshua

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just recertify your national registry by taking the exam again.

OP
OP
E

emtbasic2014

Forum Ride Along
Ok cool I can do that but would that affect my state license if in fail it because you only get one shot to pass it also is there any study books you would recommend!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ok cool I can do that but would that affect my state license if in fail it because you only get one shot to pass it also is there any study books you would recommend!
Your profile says you're in TX. If that's the case, then you will be ok if you don't pass the exam. NREMT certification is not mandatory for renewal of TX DSHS certifications, just for initial certification at each level.