I joined the "dark side"

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Got hired in the City of North Wildwood, NJ as a part time Firefighter/EMT.
Combo dept, 4 stations, 3 volly, 1 career. We run 2 ambulances and a QUINT.
Not the full career FF gig I want, but its a start.

Anyone heads down to the Wildwoods this summer, shoot me a PM.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief

Congrats. Keep us posted.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
i thought the dark side was AMR. lol.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
i thought the dark side was AMR. lol.

Uh oh! NAMRR!!! Negative AMR Reference. Ban someone... close the thread!!! :rolleyes:

Have fun OP. Remember, don't be corrupted by Battalion Chief Vadar.

Last edited by a moderator:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

Afflixion

Forum Captain
really? last time i talked to my friend that works at AMR-dallas he said they weren't hiring basic? then again this was like 4 years ago... you know a Felipe? he is/was a sup there...

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
really? last time i talked to my friend that works at AMR-dallas he said they weren't hiring basic? then again this was like 4 years ago... you know a Felipe? he is/was a sup there...

yeah i know him. i've worked there for 2years now. they actually let emt's go to arlington now to work 911

Afflixion

Forum Captain
Ah cool haven't talked to him since I was a basic in El Paso... he was working part time there due to some family issues...

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Ah cool haven't talked to him since I was a basic in El Paso... he was working part time there due to some family issues...

i like to mess with him whenever i see him.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
yeah i know him. i've worked there for 2years now. they actually let emt's go to arlington now to work 911

Yeah, I just heard about that the other night in medic class. One of the other students works in Collin County and was like "They let basics go to Arlington now"

I was like DAAARRNNIITT!! I have to drive an hour to Dallas, as opposed to 20 minutes to Arlington =(

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, I just heard about that the other night in medic class. One of the other students works in Collin County and was like "They let basics go to Arlington now"

I was like DAAARRNNIITT!! I have to drive an hour to Dallas, as opposed to 20 minutes to Arlington =(

ha ha. you fell into the dallas trap. now that you work in dallas, its going to be a pain to transfer to arlington.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Good for you!

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
they actually let emt's go to arlington now to work 911
Heck, I was upset when Rural Metro conned the city into allowing Intermediates in Arlington. I was LIVID when AMR actually whined until they allowed basics in there! The idiots think they are saving money, but they are really just sealing their own fate. Now that the FD is like 85 percent paramedic certified, they can easily claim that they no longer need the lesser certified AMR and send them packing. :rolleyes:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Heck, I was upset when Rural Metro conned the city into allowing Intermediates in Arlington. I was LIVID when AMR actually whined until they allowed basics in there! The idiots think they are saving money, but they are really just sealing their own fate. Now that the FD is like 85 percent paramedic certified, they can easily claim that they no longer need the lesser certified AMR and send them packing. :rolleyes:

they'll never get rid of the 3rd service. they don't want to run in ambulances ever. the problem is that their protocols require that every run gets put on the monitor, so that means the medics are running every call. arlington just needs to make amr run an all medic service out there to lessen the burn out.