I got a station and a paramedic partner!!!

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
I'm so excited.. I begin my 24/48 schedule on 6/7. I am working for a national company about 12 miles from home. Its both 911 and transport (not much transporting from this station) so I should get lots of experience in both areas pretty quickly.

I'm very excited... and green... and scared. I don't know why I felt the need to share this other than I'm proud of myself after the hell I've been through this year and have gotten lots of support from yall through it all.

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
I'm so excited.. I begin my 24/48 schedule on 6/7. I am working for a national company about 12 miles from home. Its both 911 and transport (not much transporting from this station) so I should get lots of experience in both areas pretty quickly.

I'm very excited... and green... and scared. I don't know why I felt the need to share this other than I'm proud of myself after the hell I've been through this year and have gotten lots of support from yall through it all.

Cool Congrats, enjoy it and have fun with it. B)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Congratulations! You must be really excited. Best of luck to you. Don't work your nerves up too much.

AZFF/EMT

Forum Lieutenant
remember the basics. Ask your partner what he/she wants and expects from you ( getting initial set of vitals and getting the patient on the monitor and print a strip in lead II is usually good). C-spine, splinting, stopping bleeding, and PR. Be calm, it's not your emergency, you didn't hurt them or make them sick, you are there to help them in a time of need and get them to the next level of care safely and cause no further harm. You will love it congrats and welcome to the family.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
[snip]
Congratulations!!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Awsome!!!

Congrats Erin! :):):)

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Good on you!
You have worked hard to get this far, so enjoy it
and learn heaps more with the challenge!

Cheers Enjoynz

OP
OP
E

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks yall! I worked with my paramedic on Friday, I think we're gonna be good together!!

PS, yes, I'm working for AMR.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
congrats. im sorry that you have to work with a medic though. have fun...with all the A$$ wiping.:p

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
remember the basics. Ask your partner what he/she wants and expects from you ( getting initial set of vitals and getting the patient on the monitor and print a strip in lead II is usually good). C-spine, splinting, stopping bleeding, and PR. Be calm, it's not your emergency, you didn't hurt them or make them sick, you are there to help them in a time of need and get them to the next level of care safely and cause no further harm. You will love it congrats and welcome to the family.

What they said^^thats the speech i usually get=D