I Gels

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
We are going to be using I Gels, just wondering what is the most used sizes? We are going to carry all the sizes, but I would like to have more on hand of the popular sizes.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ummmm...how about you keep 1-2 of each size in stock on the truck and then 1-2 in back stock (or more depending on # of trucks and # of calls your service has) at the station to replenish when used. After a few months or even a year you might have statistics on which ones get used more often in YOUR service area and may increase par levels at that time.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ummmm...how about you keep 1-2 of each size in stock on the truck and then 1-2 in back stock (or more depending on # of trucks and # of calls your service has) at the station to replenish when used. After a few months or even a year you might have statistics on which ones get used more often in YOUR service area and may increase par levels at that time.
Seems pretty likely that for the past majority of services that the adult (3/4/5) sizes are going to get used a whole lot more than the pediatric backup airways.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree as that is fairly standard...but again without knowing volume, units, etc...kind of hard for us to suggest anything beyond what you did.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I place them almost daily and IME sizes 4 & 5 will fit probably 90% of the adult population. I probably use more 5’s than anything. They are fairly forgiving in terms of sizing.

Doomedtheory

Forum Probie
I’ve seen more 4 and 5, followed by three but there are many factors such as population served. If most calls are younger, smaller sizes may be used more. After beginning to use them, you can track their usage and see what’s used most. You can than stock based on previous uses

OP
OP
cruiseforever

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
I place them almost daily and IME sizes 4 & 5 will fit probably 90% of the adult population. I probably use more 5’s than anything. They are fairly forgiving in terms of sizing.

Thank you, that was what I was thinking.