Hurricane Harvey

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Anyone on the board been activated to head to the disaster area for aid?
I know we have a few members from Texas. Stay safe.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
We sent two 407s and crew from our region to Texas. I signed up for the 2nd wave if needed.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
21150271_266401160517699_1225750739517754923_n.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
My local AMR put 4 peo0le on standby and theyre losing their minds about how short staffed they will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jbiedebach

Forum Probie
I had a chance to go but I work too many different jobs and could not get time off from them all. I am picking up shifts to backfill others though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Checking in: Cypress Creek has flooded and cut our district essentially in half. Got to work with some amazing volunteers and some of the good folks from the Cajun Navy and good people all around. Harris County Pct. 4 constables and their Humvee are amazing too, chest-high water met its match. I'm fine, no flooding in my neighborhood yet and we still have power and water. Home today than back tomorrow

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
rumors say i'm getting sent down from NYS. 2nd team from NY. Here to support you guys/gals. Pm me if you need anything(maybe i can sneak it in a bag from NYS)

RocketMedic

Very strongly recommend you bring a space heater to dry boots/shoes with. There's a lot of puddles and wet feet suck.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Very strongly recommend you bring a space heater to dry boots/shoes with. There's a lot of puddles and wet feet suck.
got space heater, mini garbage bags, big garbage bags(for wrapping socks and clothes in) and 3 pairs of boots (chippewa work boots, and 2 pairs of tacti-cool boots). rest of the gear NYS sends me with.

RocketMedic

We saw the sun! It's getting better here.

got space heater, mini garbage bags, big garbage bags(for wrapping socks and clothes in) and 3 pairs of boots (chippewa work boots, and 2 pairs of tacti-cool boots). rest of the gear NYS sends me with.

Be safe dude.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My county was hit hard. One city wiped off the map. Another under the real possibility of half of it being underwater. We have crews who lost everything and are still on duty working their asses off. We have been in surge mode since Thursday and lots of our staff have been sleeping in any spare spot they can. At one point we had only one hospital open in the county, and we are compeltely cut off form Houston for the time being. We actually are running out of almost everything right now.

My county was hit hard. One city wiped off the map. Another under the real possibility of half of it being underwater. We have crews who lost everything and are still on duty working their asses off. We have been in surge mode since Thursday and lots of our staff have been sleeping in any spare spot they can. At one point we had only one hospital open in the county, and we are compeltely cut off form Houston for the time being. We actually are running out of almost everything right now.

Yikes! Hope you and your family are safe.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yikes! Hope you and your family are safe.

We are. The island flooded, but I'm above the waters, and most of them have already drained out. I'm exhausted. Her and the puppers are all safe and sound, just annoyed I've been gone way more than home since Wednesday.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
if it helps, We're on our way! We're heading out in a few hours, more NYS USAR teams, and air national guard inbound.
edit: with supplies(mostly medicine) from both NY and NJ. First stop is katy(at least for now).

Last edited:

TraumaTart

Forum Ride Along
The pride of Mobile Alabama, the USAR unit of Mobile Fire Rescue has gassed up and packed the 18- wheeler full of K-9s, trauma Dr.s, generators, medics, swift water gear, med supplies. Two 'Duck' boats that usually haul sightseers around the harbor have been loaded on flatbeds and Gone To Texas. Ya'll in the middle of it, please be careful.