How to work in another state as an EMT-B

eman00

Forum Crew Member
Hello, I'm from California and have worked as an EMT-B in both Los Angeles County and Orange County for the past 4 years. I'm in college right now have about one year left before I graduate with a BA in History and was looking to moving to the east coast after college; most likely Fairfax County, Virginia. I was wondering how can I transfer my certs to work in another state as an EMT-B? First of all, I'm not NREMT, I became certified right before the NREMT was required, so I grandfathered in. Any advice would be useful, thanks.

surname_levi

Forum Crew Member
Hello, I'm from California and have worked as an EMT-B in both Los Angeles County and Orange County for the past 4 years. I'm in college right now have about one year left before I graduate with a BA in History and was looking to moving to the east coast after college; most likely Fairfax County, Virginia. I was wondering how can I transfer my certs to work in another state as an EMT-B? First of all, I'm not NREMT, I became certified right before the NREMT was required, so I grandfathered in. Any advice would be useful, thanks.

i would say check the VA dept state of health office website. it should have a pretty detailed list of what you will need to do.