How to impress a Fire Chief

MrLegsGuy

Forum Crew Member
On monday I do my interview for my EMT-b class, and needless to say I'm incredibly nervous.
The guy interviewing will be the Ex fire chief of my county, and this program takes its applicants very seriously. It's a limited entry course so, I'd like to do everything possible to ensure a placement.

I've bought some fancy clothes, and shoes im able to shine (very excited about this by the way), learned to tie a double Windsor, have my 2 letters of recommendation from an Occupational therapist and head nurse all exceeding a page long, got a spiffy haircut, have some key points I want to mention in the interview.

And now Im sitting here wondering... What else?
What questions will he ask? How should I answer them?

Last edited:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Is that a statement or a question?

OP
OP
MrLegsGuy

MrLegsGuy

Forum Crew Member
Sorry! Accidentally hit post before I typed it o_O

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Sounds like you're pretty well prepared. Good luck.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Sounds good to me. Who knows what he's going to ask but at least you've thought about it before hand. Good luck.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
This is an interview for an EMT course? You sound far more prepared than most will be. Good luck in the interview and in class.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
I wouldn't worry about it. The fact that you've put this much thought/planning into an interview for a course means that you're probably ahead of everyone else already.

OP
OP
MrLegsGuy

MrLegsGuy

Forum Crew Member
Well thank you for the words of encouragement. I did my interview today and I feel like it went very well. They were very interested in my job the
Past 4 years working in assisted living.
This isn't any EMT class, it's actually a compound course, and needs to be reduced from 45 applicants down to 18. He course itself is for EMT-B cert but includes clinicals and has links to some major good opportunities, not to mention flight medic connections.
So they take applicants very seriously.

Was very delighted to see I was one of 5 people wearing a tie lol

OP
OP
MrLegsGuy

MrLegsGuy

Forum Crew Member
After all that worrying, I was accepted. Fire chief ended up being a real cool guy :)