How often do you wash your uniform?

ParamedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
Once every day, once every two days? One every week?

I think alot about the germs and bacteria on it so I toss my clothes in the "dirty" basket, or if it's clean and I know it, i'll wear it for a 2nd day.

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
Unless if something mucked up my work uniforms, they are washed weekly like everything else and ironed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We are given 9 shirts for full time employees and our uniforms are washed and pressed by a company every Friday so I will change our shirts after a day or 2 depending how dirty they are, how much they stink, how busy I was the day prior. I think I have a total of 10 different pants that are the same.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
Unless I've had a rare shift where I come in contact with nothing icky, I do not re-wear anything without washing first.

My boots live in the closet in the laundry room (where I come in the house from the garage). They do not ever, EVER, walk through my house.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I get one wear out of both shirts and pants for uniform purposes. Boots stay in the garage, for sure.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
They get washed every day...we're in and out of hospitals every day. That alone is enough to make me wash them. Not including being in the ambulance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
When they're dirty. Agreed with the boots being left outside, they come nowhere near the inside of my house either.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
My uniform and boots live at work. Sadly I have to bring them home every week to wash them. But I change at work and I don't bring it home or in my car without being in a container.

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
I work in a hospital so mine get washed after each time I wear them. I come in contact with patients every day so I'd rather be safe about it. I also wipe down all my gear and duty belt at the end of each shift.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Washed after every shift or taken to the dry cleaners if it was an especially messy shift.

It was a challenge with only two pairs of pants and one long sleeve and one short sleeve shirt, but a professional appearance and cleanliness are important in EMS.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Not as much as I want due to living in a dorm and paying $2.50 per load of laundry. Not too much of a problem during the times I work one day a week since by the time I wear it twice I have a full load. Can't really keep my boots outside either, so they just stay by the door.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
after every shift. although im part time so idk if i count because i work once a week usually, maybe once every 2 weeks.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
im part time so idk if i count because i work once a week usually, maybe once every 2 weeks.
I'm technically a "part time" ground paramedic, so I am in the same boat. This just means I have that many uniforms less to clean and press, score AND score!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Boots live in the entryway, uniform shirt lives in my locker. Shirts go to the cleaner at the end of the set this time of year, which I see as fine. I'm running about 10 transports each set so frankly I am not that concerned. My city shirts rarely make it more than two shifts without going to the cleaners though...

Chef

Forum Crew Member
Just depends on the shift. If we run 12-15 calls and I'm nasty; it gets washed. If not; max is 2 shifts.