Houston Area Training LT Jobs

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I'd apply but I'm fixated on getting this degree and I have a pretty decent job to support me through school as it is. @TransportJockey this is essentially the same thing as FBC.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Except for less pay. Less than I make now as a team captain actually

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

You get bumped to around 56K a year once you credential. Still, not really where I want to work. At this point, I'm viewing EMS as the job to get the masters and see what's out there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Credential as in pass their exam? That's almost worth it

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
I missed MCHD by one day. took my NREMT AEMT exam on the friday after MCHD test, but was told they would hire again in Oct/Nov. They would have let me take it if I was sure I would pass the NR and get my state cert before Sept. 5th. good thing I said no, hurricane ******* would have ruined that. anybody know how it is working for them? I would love to work for Fort Bend, but they only hire medics.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Eh, I was less than impressed with Fort Bend's chief. He was unprofessional and their hiring process was paced in an abrupt and insulting manner that would have required far less than acceptable notice to current employers. The field staff are good, but I wouldn't work for Graig Temple willingly.

Also, 48/96 in a busy 911 system is not a great plan.

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
FBEMS is simply one of the best departments I’ve seen. 99% of the medics I work with are gold and we have a great relationship with them (at least on my shift). You should definitely consider FBEMS!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
FBEMS is simply one of the best departments I’ve seen. 99% of the medics I work with are gold and we have a great relationship with them (at least on my shift). You should definitely consider FBEMS!
Just waiting on them now lol

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

I liked the people, but the chiefs behavior made me decline their offer.