Houston Area EMT Jobs

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Cypress Creek is actively recruiting EMTs, Paramedics and dispatchers. Good benefits, pay is better than most, overall good place. All 911. Base schedule is a 24/72 but there are also peak trucks that run 12s.

Texas certification.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

I think that Creek hires full-timers only, but we do have a few part-timers who have gone full to part. We also have an active volunteer program if that's one's ball of wax.

It's a good place for EMTs or medics. Any Californians looking to come over?

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Also, ketamine is awesome stuff

terrible one

Always wandering
Damn 24/72?? That's legit! Where do they do 911?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Damn 24/72?? That's legit! Where do they do 911?
A 188 square mile, densely populated semi-incorporated sprawl the size of the city of Atlanta, Denver, Tulsa or many other metropolitan areas. We have a residential population of around 750,000.

Also, it is only 911. No transfers, no dialysis. They also have a bike team and a tactical team.

New EMTs and medics are encouraged to apply. We run a "tiered" all-ALS system so new medics can work as medics under an in-charge and gain experience. Usual crew is EMT/Medic, every truck has an in charge medic.

www.ccems.com

If you're a new medic or EMT from somewhere that sucks for medicine or jobs, a place like Creek is a good way to escape that.

Also, pay is better than most. As an in-charge medic with eight years of experience, I'm at 21.50 an hour and will take home around 52,000 on my 12-hour peak truck schedule (average 42 hours a week), the 24/72 folks get a little more because their overtime distributes a little differently (3 weeks of 48 and 1 of 24 vs my 2 48 and 2 36). Overtime is available and second jobs are possible if you want them. They pay 100% of your health and 90% of your entire family regardless of # of dependents. A lot of people stay here because of that. Cigna with decent benefits.

For EMTs, there is both an accredited in house medic school and multiple paramedic programs that are way easier to get into than places like CA. Also, unlike EMSA, basics here can tech calls and work within their scope. There's no BLS truck, but your medic partner will let you take plenty of calls so you're not just a driver.

It is EMS, and it does have its challenges and downsides (a UHU of around 0.6) but it is also a solid choice.

Attachments

• CCEMS-Service-Area-showing-Harris-County.png
    CCEMS-Service-Area-showing-Harris-County.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 362
  • CCEMS-Service-Area.png
    CCEMS-Service-Area.png
    1 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:

terrible one

Always wandering
Wow sounds like an awesome place

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm....so just thinking out loud on contigency planning here....if for whatever reason things fall through with Honolulu, I'ma get my rear end into Paramedic School hopefully fall, maybe next spring....? Probably look to somewhere like Mt SAC simply 'cuz it's close to home, and can save on rent by rooming with my folks lol But once I get that fancy P-card, well I'm already decided that unless I win the next LACoFD lottery by then it's time to leave home for greener pastures....originally thinking San Diego County AMR? Or Mercy as I've mentioned before? But something like CCEMS is def attractive too (but hey, hopefully this is just idle musing and I get on with HFD haha :)

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Paramedic school is a lot easier to get into here in the Midwest because it's a lot less centralized than CA's model. We also are the ambulance and ALS agency in our service area- there are no fire medics, no kowtowing to Fire medics, etc. Fire helps us and may have medics, but they're all at a BLS level and all patient care decisions are made by us.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hmm....so just thinking out loud on contigency planning here....if for whatever reason things fall through with Honolulu, I'ma get my rear end into Paramedic School hopefully fall, maybe next spring....? Probably look to somewhere like Mt SAC simply 'cuz it's close to home, and can save on rent by rooming with my folks lol But once I get that fancy P-card, well I'm already decided that unless I win the next LACoFD lottery by then it's time to leave home for greener pastures....originally thinking San Diego County AMR? Or Mercy as I've mentioned before? But something like CCEMS is def attractive too (but hey, hopefully this is just idle musing and I get on with HFD haha :)

Come to Texas. We have cookies, and blue bell, and no state tax, and hire wages.

If you finish medic school come work with me, run less and make more. And get a legit retirement. 24/48s instead of 24/72s though :-/

That's the one thing CCEMS has up on everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Ok, so to mix it up a bit here, what do you all Texans not like about Texas?

It can't be all "Ol' 96'er Steak Challenges", and line dancing, right?

Last edited:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ok, so to mix it up a bit here, what do you all Texans not like about Texas?

It can't be all "Ol' 96'er Steak Challenges", and line dancing, right?
The heat and humidity combo. Really that's mostly it

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Hyper-silly conservative politics are entertaining, but the state itself is actually more tolerant, liberal and accepting than most other places when it comes to things that actually matter.

Campbell

Forum Ride Along
Im going to be moving to Houston area sometime in April. Ive been working at AMR for the past year here in California and im over it. CCEMS seems like a legit place to work. Im an EMT with a little over a year of 911 experience. Do you know if they are still actively hiring? Id like to stick to 911 if all possible.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Im going to be moving to Houston area sometime in April. Ive been working at AMR for the past year here in California and im over it. CCEMS seems like a legit place to work. Im an EMT with a little over a year of 911 experience. Do you know if they are still actively hiring? Id like to stick to 911 if all possible.
You might wanna wait on creek. But there are numerous 911 agencies in yhe metro that hire basics that aren't under fbi investigation right now

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
You might wanna wait on creek. But there are numerous 911 agencies in yhe metro that hire basics that aren't under fbi investigation right now

I was gonna mention that I saw a big article yesterday where things don't look real bright for the management right now. IIRC something about kickbacks.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Eh it's nothing that's going to affect us cogs in the machine. A little corruption lubricates the wheels!

On a serious note I think that the head shed might shake a little, but nothing of real substance will happen.

Creek and Houston in general remain solid choices. As an EMT, it's pretty much your best shot in Harris County at a real 911 gig that isn't fire-based. Galveston could be a good choice for you though too.

@AlexandraMay3155 , this thread has a lot of answers for you.

Campbell

Forum Ride Along
Interesting.. Thank you for the info. Even though alot of EMS companies have all there own problems, Creek seems like its got a major problem.. LOL

I'm moving more towards the Gulf, so Galveston could be a good bet. Im just hoping to stick with 911 if all possible, as an EMT. I know alot of FD do all there own transports though so that could be a challenge to stick with 911 based companies.

Anyone have any info on other 911 companies surrounding the Brazoria County? Sugar land area to League city?

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Houston sounds interesting, but...it's 11% humidity here today and I just don't think I could go back to the humidity and the Houston traffic.