Hospital suspends over 100 employees for not getting COVID vaccine

Summit

Critical Crazy
Denver mayor just mandated all LEO, FF, and hospital workers get vaccinated.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I worked at a hospital where my glucose was LITERALLY 2 points above Their own hospital "normal" range and i was considered unhealthy and given a writeup for it IN ORIENTATION. Stupid, yes.
how did they know? I've worked in a hospital, and I've never had a random glucose test

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
how did they know? I've worked in a hospital, and I've never had a random glucose test
Some places have wellness incentive programs that are voluntary (mandatory) where you can get breaks on insurance premiums and other stuff. They weigh you, measure height, blood pressure and BG at some intervals...I don't participate because I'm a contractor, but it does rub me the wrong way....

Uclabruin103

Forum Lieutenant
Is this the pushback that the polio and measles vaccines for when they were introduced? How are we this "advanced," and people choose not to believe in vaccines? I'm sure people were doing anything to get their loved ones the polio vaccine, and back then you actually could get polio from the vaccine (the Cutter incident). More people die from Covid than the measles, but you don't see everyone up on arms about a measles vaccine. And what do you know, a virus that's almost non-existent when everyone is vaccinated.

How do all these people spout this, "I have a right to choose what goes in my body," refute that their employers also have a right to choose who works for them? The hypocrisy just drives me bananas.

I just want this to be over so badly so I can at least have one less virus/disease to worry about possibly hurting my children.

(Yes, I know this is probably not going to go away any time soon).

OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Is this the pushback that the polio and measles vaccines for when they were introduced? How are we this "advanced," and people choose not to believe in vaccines? I'm sure people were doing anything to get their loved ones the polio vaccine, and back then you actually could get polio from the vaccine (the Cutter incident). More people die from Covid than the measles, but you don't see everyone up on arms about a measles vaccine. And what do you know, a virus that's almost non-existent when everyone is vaccinated.

How do all these people spout this, "I have a right to choose what goes in my body," refute that their employers also have a right to choose who works for them? The hypocrisy just drives me bananas.

I just want this to be over so badly so I can at least have one less virus/disease to worry about possibly hurting my children.

(Yes, I know this is probably not going to go away any time soon).
It's never going away. We've never managed to defeat a virus that has an animal pool to provide future mutations.

Also, some places are bound by collective bargaining agreements that determine what an employee may be terminated for, and detail the steps employers must take to change the terms of employment mid-contract.