Holiday to North America

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey guys

Planning a trip to the U.S / Mexico / Candada in March next year-

The itinerary so far is to fly to LAX, hire a Mustang, drive to Vegas for a few nights then fly to Miami for Ultra Music Festival. After that planning to head down to Cancun for a week of Spring Break festivities :ph34r:

Following those 2 weeks, I will have another 2 weeks spare to spend In U.S / Mexico / Canada / Bahamas / wherever. I visited America last year and went to NYC, Washington and Vegas. I will be solo for these last 2 weeks as my brother will be going back home.

I am an avid diver, so thinking perhaps 1 week in Cozumel or Cabo?

Where would you guys recommend I visit for my last week or two? I have never been to Canada so that's high on the agenda. I will be flying back out of LAX as well. Vancouver looks appealing?

Also if I get a chance it would be cool to try and do a "Ride Along" with an EMS agency. Is this easy to do? Maybe in LA county somewhere?

Cheers

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Spring break in Cancun? You will never want to leave. Trust me.

I always loved northern California like Lake Tahoe and Napa.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Hey guys

Planning a trip to the U.S / Mexico / Candada in March next year-

The itinerary so far is to fly to LAX, hire a Mustang, drive to Vegas for a few nights then fly to Miami for Ultra Music Festival. After that planning to head down to Cancun for a week of Spring Break festivities :ph34r:

Following those 2 weeks, I will have another 2 weeks spare to spend In U.S / Mexico / Canada / Bahamas / wherever. I visited America last year and went to NYC, Washington and Vegas. I will be solo for these last 2 weeks as my brother will be going back home.

I am an avid diver, so thinking perhaps 1 week in Cozumel or Cabo?

Where would you guys recommend I visit for my last week or two? I have never been to Canada so that's high on the agenda. I will be flying back out of LAX as well. Vancouver looks appealing?

Also if I get a chance it would be cool to try and do a "Ride Along" with an EMS agency. Is this easy to do? Maybe in LA county somewhere?

Cheers
Cozumel is nice but grand caymen is nicer for diving.
They have a newly sinked ship, (the kitty hawk)
Plus they have some really nice deep dives along with some other wrecks. You can go to sting ray city (I recommend it)
The food is great in grand caymen, they have Cuban cigars and if you want anymore info is be happy to post!

Or you could go to Maui, awesome diving there as well.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
You should definitely add Canada to your list. Trust me, after spending a couple weeks in south of the 49th, you'll need some time in back in the Queen's realm to recuperate. :p

Jokes aside, you should definitely, absolutely, positively, no doubt about it visit Jasper/Banff/Kananaskis and the Alberta mountain parks. Bar none some of the most beautiful environments Canada has to offer, and only an hour or two's drive from Calgary.:cool:

OP
OP
the_negro_puppy

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks for the tips

Grand Cayman looks amazing, seems even though Cozumel / Cancun are close 'd have to fly through Miami to get there.

It seems Vancouver is quite chilly in March 2-9 degrees celsius :unsure:

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
That's not chilly, that's shorts weather!

Maybe for us.
I was in Alice Springs once and wearing shorts and tee shirt at 20C. The hotel staff were wearing wool sweaters and what we call winter jackets. I think Puppy would find it cold here in March.
Mind you if he (?) went to a ski hill he might find a snow bunny to cuddle. :rolleyes:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
LAX is a drag with snarling traffic cops, huge crowds. Nice beach just to the south and west though. Can you fly into Orange County or Burbank or Ontario (CALIF)? (John Wayne, Bob Hope, or Ontario International, respectively).

If you want Las Vegas, you don't care about Calif.'s redwoods, Lake Tahoe (has Nevada gaming), beaches, and wine country. Keep going, gringo!:cool:

5402454665_8b4fbe7e2e_z.jpg