Hiring Process?

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
When I started my EMT class, I was doing it just for personal growth & preparedness, but not I'd really like to work in the field as an EMTB...but I have little idea how the hiring process works.

Do you just put in an application, do an interview, and get hired by AMR (or other company)? Is there any additional testing? Do they look at your class grades or National Registry Exam score? How long does the process take?

I'm thinking of starting work in either San Mateo or Santa Clara County where I live (CA) and soon after moving to Los Angeles and if plausible, working as an EMT there (for AMR?). Anyone from either of these two areas know starting pay for an EMT? Any region specific advice?

Thanks again everyone,

Anthony

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Most places, it is like any other job - apply, interview, and they get copies of yoiur certs, and usually you sign stuff so they can run a criminal history and Driver's license checks.

As for AMR - if I remember correctly, there is a little strife right now in Norther California, because a few AMR divisions are changing to a new union the've founded, and not everyone is happy :huh: Just a heads up.

Jon