Hired

phideux

Forum Captain
Got done with Medic school in May, Got all my NR stuff done in June. Ran the hell out of the volunteer unit every week for experience, and waited for one of the county/city places to hire. One finally posted a hiring announcement in a neighboring county, EMS only, no fire, a bonus. Applied, took their pre-employment test(Really, really hard test too), interviewed the same day as the test, got hired.
Like I said it's a neighboring county, but I lucked out, got a station on the end of the county, about a 65 mile trip for me(all 60mph hwy though). All my county specific training is done and I'm turned loose.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Got done with Medic school in May, Got all my NR stuff done in June. Ran the hell out of the volunteer unit every week for experience, and waited for one of the county/city places to hire. One finally posted a hiring announcement in a neighboring county, EMS only, no fire, a bonus. Applied, took their pre-employment test(Really, really hard test too), interviewed the same day as the test, got hired.
Like I said it's a neighboring county, but I lucked out, got a station on the end of the county, about a 65 mile trip for me(all 60mph hwy though). All my county specific training is done and I'm turned loose.

Congrats. Nice to see someone talking about getting a job instead of the other way around.