Hiccups

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
What is your personal cure for Hiccups?

:wacko:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Drinking a glass of water/soda (whatever). Swallow 11 times without breathing. Works every time. I hate having the hiccups.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I used to do a head-stand against a wall and drink a glass of water upsidedown. *shrugs* Now I just chug a glass of water.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
inverting my head and drinking water. Usually works.

Jon

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like a plan... to drown, faint or break a leg. I had the worst hiccups ever, it was like someone punching me in the gut forty times. They just went away.

TJC

Forum Probie
I haven't had the hiccups in years, but my son gets them a lot and I found one thing that ALWAYS stops them. I just make him stand in the room in front of me and anyone else around and demand that he hiccups for us. All that ever happens is he blushes and laughs a little before walking away "cured". I haven't got a clue why it works, but I picked it up from an old English teacher in high school who claimed it had never failed her in 40+ years of teaching. :lol:

vtemti

Forum Captain
I have tried them all and never found a sure way that works every time.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
It must be different for each person. You could always have a phrenic-ectomy. You'd never have hiccups again :p

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Wingnut@Aug 7 2005, 12:28 PM
It must be different for each person. You could always have a phrenic-ectomy. You'd never have hiccups again :p
The names enough to scare them away. :eek: