Helping out

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I was just wondering what your department's policy is on helping out your own members in times of crisis.

I found out my departments the hard way. On August 6th at 08.45 hrs, my house burnt to the ground. My squad and county OEM have gotten together and created a monitary assistance fund. The information for that follows.

Checks or money orders can be made out to Zachary Krier and mailed to:
Zachary Krier Monetary Assistance Fund
c/o Laurel Lake Rescue Squad
P.O. Box 346
Millville, NJ 08332

My fiancee, her kids and I were not home at the time of the fire and no one was hurt.

Any help we recieve is always appreciated.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
OK, I will start.

I am all for donating and helping anyone in the EMS family.

Having said that, I also investigate and know where my money is going.

The fact that this is not being sent to a bank, no phone number given with a POC other than yourself, and the fact you posted your own request for donations just increases my suspicions.

I am in no way saying this is a scam, just stating my reservations.

Can you send me more information and allow me to verify certain things and once that is completed, my wallet will open.

AK....

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Thank you very much for the link.

Zach,

Please send me a list of what you need the most, sizes for the kids, any fav toys/games that need replacing, etc.

I am sure cash will be forthcoming but sometimes it is hard to replace the smaller items or favorite things for the kids as those are not a necessity at this time. Ages of the kids and favorite stores for their style of clothing would be a help as well, if they are of that age.

Gift cards are awlays a great way to assist.

AK....

OP
OP
P

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
The phone number for the rescue squad is 856-785-1945 and the point of contact there is Mr.Richard Hiles

the kids are:

Girl size 7-8 shoes 1 1/2

boy size 5-6 shoes 12

boy size 4-5 shoes 11 1/2

adult female size 16 shoe size womens 11, mens 10 1/2

adult male shirt XL, pants 40x32 shoe size 11

the biggest toy request is from my stepdaughter and she wants barbies in any shape or form.

right now tho we need money so we can get a new home...

Thanks to all who help.