Help w/ impending NREMT Recert.

mercia

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone. I have a number of questions for the community regarding my EMT-B re-certification. Both my PA and NREMT re-certification are due by March 31 (in 36 days), and I have a few obstacles I need to hurdle to complete it.

First off, I am not at this moment an active EMT, but I am beginning orientation for an EMT position on the 14th of march. Will this be an issue for the agency requirement for NREMT re-certification? I have although been active for at least 6 months within the past 2 years.

second, I currently need about 35 more CEs to fulfill the 48 hour requirement. I know I will be able to cram this using CentreLearn courses, but I'm currently finishing my college degree and saw that some of my courses may be applicable for CE credits. I have completed both a psychology and chemistry course in the past 2 years, but it says I need a 'Class Sponsor'. What/who exactly would that be?

Finally, I have not completed the 24 hour refresher course yet. How should I go about doing this with 36 days left? Is online my best bet? If so, what are some recommended programs?

Thanks to anyone who can offer me any sort of help!

OP
OP
M

mercia

Forum Ride Along
for that option would I have to take both the written and physical situation tests?