hearing back

arctic2

Forum Crew Member
So I submitted an application in person for a private ambulance company for the position of an emt basic. I'm just curious (and I understand this is going to vary GREATLY) but how long do you think it will be before if at all I hear back. From what I have heard this company is pretty much constantly hiring. Should I call to do a follow up? It's only been two days.

Maybe I'm just anxious since this is gonna be my first job working on an ambulance. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Also it seems as though applying online feels as though the application and resume go into a black hole and is never heard of again. If anybody can give advice for applying online and how I can make my application Stand out I'd appreciate it. I'm not gonna be giving up but it is a little frustrating as it seems people are able to find employment as emt basics pretty easily. But I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks everyone!

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Put apps in for multiple services. You'll hear back from someone.

Wait a week. Out of curiosity, what company are you applying for?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Definitely wait one week minimum and even that is fluid depending on what day you submitted the ap and if there were/are any holidays or long weekends close by.