HAZMAT and CEUs

srcoen

Forum Crew Member
So I was fortunate to have been asked to serve on my employer’s HAZMAT team, and finished the 24 hour initial training. Some of my brothers from the Fire Department were in the same class, and one mentioned that I should be able to count some toward my CEUs. This got me thinking, so I went through some stuff I found, and still cannot come up with a good spot for it. Anybody have ideas? I’m an OK EMT-B under NCCP 2016.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I would ask your department's training officer for OK specific stuff.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
When I did my NREMT renewal, my training officer needed to sign off on everything to confirm that it met his interpretation of what NREMT required. So in theory, I could say something counted but he could say it didn't, and at the end of the process, his opinion won.

I would ask your TO what he thinks, because anything you need will need to be signed off by him anyway.

and if he doesn't need to sign off on it, isn't it his job to know the ins and outs of the EMT renewal process? you can spend hours trying to find the answer, or simply get it from a local expert.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
. This got me thinking, so I went through some stuff I found, and still cannot come up with a good spot for it.

Individual component? You've got 10 hours you can use there at least, assuming it's state or CAPCE/CECBEMS approved....