Hard Time Finding Job

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
The moment i finished by class, i took the NREMT a week later and pass. Did all my paperwork and got them done. But having a hard time finding a job as an EMT-B :unsure: I'm in CA by the way, with the economy going so bad i'm having doubts if i'll ever get hired. I applied at various places and ran couple ride-alongs. Some aren't hiring till couple months later so right now i'm pretty depress. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
hang in there im sure the right opportunity is soon gonna come along for u and you will get hired. i totally understand how u feel, im half way thru my basics class and everyones stressn about getting hired somewhere. im in central cali by the way.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
This just means its a good time to further your education. Get you medic. Take an accredited program.

Hastings

Noobie
Not much demand for Basics in the first place, and with the economy down, it makes it that much harder. I'd love to tell you something will come around eventually, but it might not.

I wasn't able to find an EMT job to even apply for until I became a Paramedic. Well, there still weren't EMT positions available. But there is a huge demand for Medics. So I got a job as a Medic, easy.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
There's decent demand for basics here in Texas. I got a conditional offer at my first interview with 15 other applicants there as well. Just keep looking.

OP
OP
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
I'd luv to go to medic school. But Foothill College wants you to be out in the field for 6 months, which is one of their prereqs. I have my anatomy and physiology done. Also i've taken 2 clinical class that teaches you phlebotomy and all the injections, IM, ID, SQ, etc. I've done ride alongs as to get experience also. Its not looking to good at the moment, one of the companies says they're next recruitment is march which is 2 months away. Seems short but still long. :sad:

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
yeah every other state is hiring emt's except california. my goal is to become a medic so yeah furthering my education is a must.

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
in mass companies are hiring left and right to cut down on giving out overtime it seems.

rmellish

Forum Captain
I'd second the paramedic program. In many cases being a medic student actually improves your chances at being hired, as the employer knows that you will become a paramedic, but is able to determine if you're a suitable employee before paying you as a medic.

OP
OP
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
AMR is on a hiring freeze for 7 months at the moment.
Private companies are hiring only end of every 3 months or so.
Things aren't looking so good in CA, better yet the whole economy.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
The moment i finished by class, i took the NREMT a week later and pass. Did all my paperwork and got them done. But having a hard time finding a job as an EMT-B :unsure: I'm in CA by the way, with the economy going so bad i'm having doubts if i'll ever get hired. I applied at various places and ran couple ride-alongs. Some aren't hiring till couple months later so right now i'm pretty depress. :sad:

Noctis, if you found a company that's recruiting in march, you're doing pretty good. Down here it looks like hardly anyone is hiring until summer.... Hang in there dude.

Hockey

Quackers
Look at getting into dispatch or even the trans division. Foot in the door at least. Thats what I did