Hall vs. MedResponse

Say G

Forum Crew Member
Hello kind people of EMT Life!

I have been lurking around for a while and finally decided to ask for some feedback.

I am going through interviews at the moment between the two companies listed in the title. I haven't really heard much about either due to the fact that no one I know is in this field. I am located in Los Angeles, California and am refering to the medresponse in San Fernando Valley, and the Hall in Bakersfield.

Looking for any good/bad opinions and experiences with either company (hours, moral, opportunities, etc).

Any feedback helps a ton so thank you for your time!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Hall, use the search bar on here. It's pretty much the best private ambulance company in CA.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
1972 Ford Pinto or 2016 Lincoln?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hall is basically The Kern County EMSA Agency in that they are the paramedic provider for almost the entire county.

MedResponse is an Inter-Facility Transport company only.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Go to Hall. The two aren't even comparable. If there's even a sliver of a possibility you have to commute up there, do it. You'll thank yourself later.

OP
OP
Say G

Say G

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the help guys.

Your words and the thread I found on here got me excited but nervous about the Hall interview. I plan on moving out there if I get the job as I've come to realize it's the best place to make my dream of an EMS career a reality.

Hopefully everything goes smooth and I won't stress myself out too much cus it will be an entire life change (aka living with mommy for 22 years :cool:).

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
As the other posters have said Hall is by far the better option to the point there is really no comparison in my opinion and I don't even work for Hall. The EMS environment in Central California is far superior to the Southern California one. The area Hall covers has a low cost of living and, despite the stereotype, there are actually a lot of very nice (and affordable) areas of Bakersfield. If Hall does not work out, Liberty in Kern County as well as the Tulare County providers might be an option.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
there are actually a lot of very nice (and affordable) areas of Bakersfield.

Yeah. Such as oildale!

Plus and I don't think others have mentioned this but the protocols for EMT's in Kern Co. are far superior then any other county in CA. Oh and for the record I don't work in Kern Co (I work Riverside Co). Pretty much every CA person on here will recommend Hall.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Yeah. Such as oildale!

Plus and I don't think others have mentioned this but the protocols for EMT's in Kern Co. are far superior then any other county in CA. Oh and for the record I don't work in Kern Co (I work Riverside Co). Pretty much every CA person on here will recommend Hall.

As a fellow Riverside County employee I also wish our EMS system was like Kern Co. Go with Hall

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the help guys.

Your words and the thread I found on here got me excited but nervous about the Hall interview. I plan on moving out there if I get the job as I've come to realize it's the best place to make my dream of an EMS career a reality.

Hopefully everything goes smooth and I won't stress myself out too much cus it will be an entire life change (aka living with mommy for 22 years :cool:).

Everybody starts somewhere!

Set the bar high and keep us up to date on how it goes.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Or 7) I just went to Texas

OP
OP
Say G

Say G

Forum Crew Member
I got a second interview at Hall to meet with the Vice President, want to say thanks for all the additional suggestions!

If anybody has a room in Bakersfield open for rent, shoot me a PM. I will be out there next week to find out if I got the position.

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
I got a second interview at Hall to meet with the Vice President, want to say thanks for all the additional suggestions!

If anybody has a room in Bakersfield open for rent, shoot me a PM. I will be out there next week to find out if I got the position.
Congrats and good job!

OP
OP
Say G

Say G

Forum Crew Member
Update for anyone who cares:

Could not have made a better choice than to go with Hall. I always thought I had a good grasp on things until I ran my first Code 3 call on a BLS unit with no ALS backup available. People are willing to teach if you're willing to learn and there's a comradery that I have been wanting for a very long time. Hope you guys are staying safe out there!