Grey Death Heroin

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
sounds like more hype and paranoia coming out of law enforcement that is not based on actual science or medicine. lots of fear mongering, but most toxicologist (you know, the experts in this type of stuff) say it's just not true or accurate.

To be totally honest, if their claims were correct, users of this stuff, as well as those who are selling it, would be dropping left and right like an iguana in miami, simply from contact highs.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
How come these warnings never come from EMS, hospitals, public health, or the CDC? They always come from law enforcement. Hmm.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I’m just wondering if who ever came up the name has actually seen Bringing Out The Dead?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Yawn. Next time EMS or Fire calls for LE, I’m going to advise dispatch to let them handle it. Obviously, we are so untrained...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
They called it Red Death... We actually watched it in my EMT class an hour ago [emoji23]
Yerp. Seen the movie enough times to recall “Cy sellin’ that junk...”. Patent pending I guess? //shrugs//

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Yawn. Next time EMS or Fire calls for LE, I’m going to advise dispatch to let them handle it. Obviously, we are so untrained...
now now, no one said you were untrained; and if EMS or fire is calling you, than it's clearly something you are trained to handle that they aren't. If anything, you simply aren't trained as well as those who are the experts in this area (which, again, would be medical toxicologists).

However, EMS doesn't tell PD how to arrest a criminal, PD doesn't tell FD how to put out the house fire, so PD shouldn't be spreading incorrect information about something medical in nature (of which heroin overdoses are), because the training they are receiving is either inaccurate or being delivered by someone who isn't a SME and giving them incorrect information that isn't based on medicine or science.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
One of our cops called over a few years ago asking which gloves to buy that were "approved for fentanyl"..

I looked it up out of curiosity, there are actually glove manufacturers out there who market that they can be used to handle fentanyl.. Good on those marketing people.. I bet they made some cash off that sticker..

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
One of our cops called over a few years ago asking which gloves to buy that were "approved for fentanyl"..

I looked it up out of curiosity, there are actually glove manufacturers out there who market that they can be used to handle fentanyl.. Good on those marketing people.. I bet they made some cash off that sticker..

Literally draw up fentanyl without gloves on every single day. Still not dead yet.