Greenville area (NC) EMS

Daiawa

Forum Probie
Fiance recently accepted a position at Vidant, so looks like I am going to have to make the move in the next year or so. I have 3 years as an EMT and 2 as a medic, AAS in Paramedicine and all the all the alphabet soup courses including AMLS and NRP. I am coming from a very busy and moderately, borderline very, progressive system in SC with a pretty large degree of autonomy. I have done a fair amount of research, however am looking for some more input. I have already accepted that I will be taking a large pay cut and that most eastern NC systems don't have the call volume that I am used to. I am really trying to avoid ending up a system that is stuck in the "dark ages" and is not open to new ideas.

I know about Wake and Durham, however with 12 hour shifts that will be a little too much drive time. So far the only place that has really caught my eye is Wilson county, however there is not much info readily available. I will be contacting some services in the area over the next few months and am wondering if anyone has any info on the neighboring counties, or suggestions on which ones to research.