Greensboro North Carolina Needs Paramedics

PVC

Forum Crew Member
Read the job description carefully.

http://www.careeroverview.com/usa/n...and-material-moving/public-service/paramedic/

Here is part of the text:

"In general, paramedics drive ambulance or assist ambulance driver in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. They also assist in lifting patients.
Paramedics drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick or convalescent persons. They also remove and replace soiled linens and apparatus to maintain sanitary conditions. Equally important, paramedics have to place patients on stretchers and load stretchers into ambulances, usually with assistance from other attendants. They are often called upon to earn and maintain appropriate certifications. They are expected to remove supplies and disposable items on ambulances. Finally, paramedics accompany and assist emergency medical technicians on calls."

Last edited by a moderator:

marshmallow22

Forum Crew Member
This is a very poor representation as many of the things stated in this article are either non factual, or very antiquated. I'm surprised he doesn't show a cadillac ambulance with an attendant wearing a smock. That's how bad this article is.

EMT1A

Forum Crew Member
no way, is this true? about $23000-$24000 a year as a paramedic?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Odd, Nothing about running a code short handed, intubating patients inresp failure, CPAP, Vents. drips or any of the critical care I might be called upon to do.

Anjel

Forum Angel
They also restrain or shackle violent patients. Somewhat less frequently, paramedics are also expected to restrain or shackle violent patients.

Oh yea. Not frequent at all.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
The part that cracked me up was similar job postings. Taxi driver, bus driver, delivery driver.