Greater New York Area Private - should I convert ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
I was at an interview the other week. The man who interviewed me basically told me to come back after I have a few months of runs at my vollie service, or get a job at a different private.

(A very experienced guy at my vollie, who now does IT work, told me he interviwed there, and they offered him $15/hr to be a training officer, which he laughed at.)

I saw people there from my EMT school (read certificate mill) going through the process.

Funny thing was, I also saw a few people from my class working in the back office, administering the application test, and inspecting the ambulances.

At this company, it seems, all office and supervisory people are conservative or orthodox jews. A few of them eeven have take home fly cars, or their own cars have lights and sirens and placards.....

Maybe I should become jewish to get an EMT job?

And get married?

Then I can join Hatzolah, red lights and VAS tags, parking placard, be one of 12 POV's responding to one call.....get my field experience, then get a supervisory position at this private.

One EMT there, told me out of the side of him mouth, how he has more experience and knowledge than many of the 'supervisors'......and how many management people had worked at other organizations shut down for overbilling medicaid/medicare and no-fault insurance........

I am getting more and more digusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.