Grant writing where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spimx

Forum Crew Member
I am doing a class on grant writing this semester for emergency health science degree. It is a self study class and I just have to keep myself on topic and busy. Do you guys know where I should start?

OP
OP
S

spimx

Forum Crew Member
There is no curriculum it is a self study class I just have to research it myself and be industrious. I'm using the school library to read books on the topic but if any one with better experience can point me in a better direction I would appreciate that.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Is there not a faculty advisor who can assist you? Typically a self study is done with a faculty member.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
start here:
than go here
then here
and once you have finished that, go here

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Self study classes are not just “go figure something out”. They come with a clear set of goals and objectives.
For example, in the program I’m in where we had a project on grants, it was sonething along the lines of “research grant opportunities for mechanical CPR devices and narrow the focus to one foundation. Using their specific criteria follow the process of obtaining a vendor quote and prepare a grant request package including rationale with narrative and financial statements.”

if you don’t have a plan you’ll quickly get buried.

OP
OP
S

spimx

Forum Crew Member
Self study classes are not just “go figure something out”. They come with a clear set of goals and objectives.
For example, in the program I’m in where we had a project on grants, it was sonething along the lines of “research grant opportunities for mechanical CPR devices and narrow the focus to one foundation. Using their specific criteria follow the process of obtaining a vendor quote and prepare a grant request package including rationale with narrative and financial statements.”

OK, your right and I'm wrong for asking. Thanks for your input that really helped a lot. I guess I will get burried quickly. Everyone else please don't comment NomadicMedic has made it apparent that I need to follow my objectives. I am acutely aware of the objectives because I wrote them, thanks again.

OP
OP
S

spimx

Forum Crew Member
start here:
than go here
then here
and once you have finished that, go here
Thanks, I will look into that and I'm at my local library looking for a hard back of a grant writing book

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Thanks, I will look into that and I'm at my local library looking for a hard back of a grant writing book
In that case, I would suggest that you ask a librarian for guidance on where to find a hard back grant writing book, as none of us know what books you have at your local library.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
There is no curriculum it is a self study class I just have to research it myself and be industrious. I'm using the school library to read books on the topic but if any one with better experience can point me in a better direction I would appreciate that.
Any real institution of learning has a Syllabus, Textbooks, faculty, and course of instruction.

I cannot comprehend that you enrolled in a class for a degree and they just pick a name for a class and tell you to figure it out.

What school are you enrolled in?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
OK, your right and I'm wrong for asking. Thanks for your input that really helped a lot. I guess I will get burried quickly. Everyone else please don't comment NomadicMedic has made it apparent that I need to follow my objectives. I am acutely aware of the objectives because I wrote them, thanks again.

hey, you asked. If you don’t like the answer or chose to be a choad, that’s on you.

OP
OP
S

spimx

Forum Crew Member

How am I going to get quickly burred? Are you going to write me up or something. Don't you have a rooky paramedic to harass and go crush their confidence, blame them for patient outcome. I know you are the type to foster an environment of punitive, competitive and legitimacy culture? Or am I wrong?

Ive done a lot of college I am not going to get burned quickly I am easily going to pass this class and maybe be awarded a grant

OP
OP
S

spimx

Forum Crew Member
Any real institution of learning has a Syllabus, Textbooks, faculty, and course of instruction.

I cannot comprehend that you enrolled in a class for a degree and they just pick a name for a class and tell you to figure it out.

What school are you enrolled in?
Actually it's called self directed study and thats exactly what is expected. You do your own learning find your own books and set your own objectives. It's up to you to prove that you have sufficiently studied the material and invested time and energy into learning. Also it's up to you to pick the name of the class and the topic. If the professor thinks you did not invest the energy and time required to learn than I guess you fail. I think it's a great concept, I wanted to do mental health emergencies but I changed my mind to do grant writing because I think I can help my community better that way. I can teach mental health emergencies and associated pharm/neuro transmitters through my department training program.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually it's called self directed study and thats exactly what is expected. You do your own learning find your own books and set your own objectives. It's up to you to prove that you have sufficiently studied the material and invested time and energy into learning. Also it's up to you to pick the name of the class and the topic. If the professor thinks you did not invest the energy and time required to learn than I guess you fail. I think it's a great concept, I wanted to do mental health emergencies but I changed my mind to do grant writing because I think I can help my community better that way. I can teach mental health emergencies and associated pharm/neuro transmitters through my department training program.
Not if your adept is subject to standards. You are claiming to be similar to an autodidact, you don’t need training because you did yourself, now you’re an “expert”.
I see a great lawsuit in the future…

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
And that's enough of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.