Good paramedic schools/programs in So Cal?

Kmuggee

Forum Probie
I'm located in Orange County California, and am interested in trying my hands in paramedic school. Any recommendations? I'm willing to commute to Los Angeles or San Diego if I have to. I'm hoping to find somewhere with dedicated instructors and hands on training (as any student would) ^_^

Thank you!

*Enrolling into paramedic school may not be an option for me for another year or two. I'm trying to find work as an active duty EMT right now. I just like keeping options in mind for when the time is right.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Mt Sac in Covina and Crafton Hills in Yucaipa.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
Palomar College in san marcos
Moreno Valley College formerly known as RCC

if hands on is the bottome line for you both have similar clinical rotations. plenty of hands on you'll get sick of it. more than just ER rotations.

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
I'm actually going through Mt Sac's program right now. Only about 2 or so weeks until I'm finished with didactic. It's pretty cheap. And actually quite a few of the students are from Orange County. If you have any more questions, just ask! I'll do the best I can to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
You have RCC, and Saddleback as options as well.

Stay away from saddleback if you can afford elsewhere (it is one of the cheapest). You will learn ONLY Orange County protocols, which as everybody knows is one of the worst in what you can do/give/etc. IMO, it will hinder you unless you work for Orange County.