Good News

emtbuff

Forum Captain
I got my first IV stick today that worked.:) I know I'm excited over the little things but its a start in the right direction. Hoping I get a few more of them during my preceptor. So since it seems that i'm not around alot of post much figured I'd let you guys know my small achievement. But a big step in the right direction I hope.

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
Awesome, good job! I was also pretty excited when I got my first IV stick. They get a lot easier after you do about 20 or 1,000... lol
You in medic school now?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Good for you!

It feels good.... My first was a 20ga in a guy with PIPES... no biggie.... my first field IV, though.... a 14ga in the back of a moving ambulance...on a bumpy highway, going to the T.C. I'm not sure HOW i did it... but I was walking on air for 2 days.

OP
OP
E

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Yeah I know its sad isn't it:rolleyes: Maybe one of these day's Ill consider medic school, but not right now.

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
nah im kidding, not sad at all, I think it's great! Good luck to you in all your classes!

OP
OP
E

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Thanks. I'll be done in May so YEA!!! I can't wait. Got another IV stick the other day so I'm still feeling pretty good.

corbin

Forum Probie
I got my first IV stick today that worked.:) I know I'm excited over the little things but its a start in the right direction. Hoping I get a few more of them during my preceptor. So since it seems that i'm not around alot of post much figured I'd let you guys know my small achievement. But a big step in the right direction I hope.

Congratulations on getting your first IV stick. I start Paramedic school in 3 weeks, since I have 2 years in the ER a busy Trauma center in DC, I have that IV procedure under my wing. I know how excited you are because I was the same way. I also had to learn how to interrepet EKG strips as well. Keep us posted.
joyce