Good EMT companies to work for in the Denver area?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Falck(911) in Aurora might not be a bad place for you. As an emt you will get lots of IV starts. Its not a great place for a medic. You could also look at Apex paramedics they do all IFT. I would absolutely stay away from Mile High Ambulance

When I'm closer to knowing my move timeline I was thinking of throwing an app in at Falck. I sent my resume in to Thompson Valley. My state card is in process.

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
Is this speaking from experience?

I've never worked there, but I know people who have. Denver Health also removed them from our mutual aid list because of multiple problems with their patient care (this happened in 2008 or 2009, but I've heard nothing to make me think they've improved).

Seth486

Forum Ride Along
I worked at metrocare for a year, they only hire EMT's and they are a great place as a starting EMT but that is about it. They do a lot of IFT and run on average one emegency a day per truck which are all out of nursing homes they have contracts with. They occassionally will run lights and sirens but it is rare. Also their trucks are in pretty rough condition but if you dont mind that it is a great place to get some starting experience without soley doing IFT. You do have to do wheelchair vans once a week.

Columbine still has the 911 contract for the columbine area and they do some IFT's out of littleton and Porter hospital.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Columbine Ambulance does not do 911 anywhere.
In their last job posting they alluded to doing some backup work in Denver, is this not the case?

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
In their last job posting they alluded to doing some backup work in Denver, is this not the case?

They don't backup Denver Health, I guess they could still do something for South Metro. I should have specified they don't do any primary 911.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Very few companies doing primary 911, yet they all love to include "backup work" in job postings. 'Le sigh.