Glock First Responders Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparent

Forum Probie
Has anyone heard that Glock offers a discount for EMT personnel now? It's the same discount as if you were a peace officer, let me know if you've heard anything.
-james

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Has anyone heard that Glock offers a discount for EMT personnel now? It's the same discount as if you were a peace officer, let me know if you've heard anything.
-james

what would you do with a glock on an ambulance? <_<

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
I am a big fan of glocks. I own a glock 17 which is the 9mm. I have equiped it with the Lazer max which is the lazer mounted inside the slide spring.....sorry i'm drooling.....is it hot in here or what

firecoins

IFT Puppet
lol Id like to get a handgun sometime.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
-james

Have you called them and asked? :) I wonder how that would work. Special factory order or something?

I was going to go pick up a Glock 17 today but got too busy at work.

(no, I don't carry on duty, but I have a whole stack of hard drives that need bullet holes.)

--
WOAH. I Googled a bit and found prices:

G17,19,26 $398.20
G22,23,27 $398.20
G31,32,33 $398.20
G21,30,36 $464.20
G20,29 $464.20
G34,35 $480.70
G37 $414.70

But you have to get in touch with a dealer that deals with law enforcement. People say "Call Glock at (770) 432-1202 and get a list of OFFICIAL "Glock Law Enforcement Dealers" in your state."

I'm going to do this tomorrow. That price on the Glock 17 is almost $200 cheaper than what the local dealer has on the sticker.

I have a Glock 22 already (40 S&W) but something in 9mm would be nice too. 9mm ammo is dirt cheap these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jparent

Forum Probie
Have you called them and asked? :) I wonder how that would work. Special factory order or something?

I was going to go pick up a Glock 17 today but got too busy at work.

(no, I don't carry on duty, but I have a whole stack of hard drives that need bullet holes.)

I read on a glocktalk forum and they said that its not called the LE discount anymore, its called First Responders Program and that it extends the discount to EMT/firefighters/police/military/pilots, but you need to go to a state LE dealer, i was just curious if anyone had experience with this
-james

OP
OP
J

jparent

Forum Probie
not fair, you edited your post before i finished typing, and yes thats the same prices that i saw

Edit: Try the G19, if you're hands aren't too big it feels amazing, and conceals nice too

Last edited by a moderator:

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Yep

If you can stomach carrying a glock, well, they're not half bad weapons, and I'm going to have to be transferring to them shortly too... ugh

OP
OP
J

jparent

Forum Probie
If you can stomach carrying a glock, well, they're not half bad weapons, and I'm going to have to be transferring to them shortly too... ugh

theres nothing wrong with the glock, people just need to realize its not their old revolver with a 12 pound trigger, or 911 with grip/thumb safety

i think when you transfer over, not knowing anything about your knowledge on firearms should take a little course or re-train other than just shooting with your department for the transfer

there are some definate pluses

goes bang when you want it to
17 round capacity
light
probably the most reliable pistol out right now out of the box

mace85

Forum Probie
glocktalk

Already am a member there. The Glock discount is amazing. If you guys like the 19 or the 23 try the "c" versions. The Glock 23C is a few dollars more, but shoots so much better. The 19C has almost no percievable muzzle rise. Good guns.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Yup. I LOVE my Glock 22. I have a friend that's a die-hard 1911 guy and he has one from Springfield Armory and he just got a new Kimber as well. He has failure to feeds with both of them, and the Springfield was just refusing to cycle certain brands of ammunition.
Now don't get me wrong, I like the 1911, but I haven't had a single problem with my Glock. Ever. And I've put several thousand rounds through it in the few years that I've had it. They're easy to break apart, easy to clean, easy to maintain.

There's probably some little quirk that I'm blissfully unaware of, but for me, that's ok. I just do target shooting at the indoor range and we shoot old hard drives up. (Getting a CCW here in California is next to impossible... unless you're a hypocritical senator.)
It goes 'bang' when I need it to as well. I keep it clean, properly oiled, and my cop friend is a Glock certified armorer dude too. So if something goes wonky, I can ask him. :-D

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Firearms....

"check out www.glocktalk.com if you have any questions"

Okay, jparent, I won't hold that against ya... ;)

"i think when you transfer over, not knowing anything about your knowledge on firearms should take a little course or re-train other than just shooting with your department for the transfer

goes bang when you want it to (most do)
17 round capacity (in 9mm)
light (compared to?)
probably the most reliable pistol out right now out of the box (are you familiar with a revolver?)"

Okay, so I'm done poking at you, it's all in good humor, k? Now, a little more background, I don't prefer glocks, I've qualified with them, I've deployed with them, I've carried them, I don't prefer them. I'm used to my own poly framed pistol, however, they are too expensive to roll out. BTW, as far as the most reliable pistol out of the box, I do have 12k through mine, without a misfeed or jam, and there was one hard primer, one more pull of the trigger resolved that. I don't particularly care for the single pull, I also prefer DA/SA, but once again, preference. I prefer a trigger that can be staged. My experiences with glocks is the trigger reset is too long for followup/hammers, and the grip doesn't "feel" right to me.

And to answer your question, my prefered handgun is a Walther (not S&W) P99, AS in a .40. Or as I refer to it, "the Glock evolved...." ;)

OP
OP
J

jparent

Forum Probie
"check out www.glocktalk.com if you have any questions"

Okay, jparent, I won't hold that against ya... ;)

"i think when you transfer over, not knowing anything about your knowledge on firearms should take a little course or re-train other than just shooting with your department for the transfer

goes bang when you want it to (most do)
17 round capacity (in 9mm)
light (compared to?)
probably the most reliable pistol out right now out of the box (are you familiar with a revolver?)"

And to answer your question, my prefered handgun is a Walther (not S&W) P99, AS in a .40. Or as I refer to it, "the Glock evolved...." ;)

What i meant by retraining with the glock specifically was because it seems a lot of people use to having a manual safety and or carrying a revolver on duty take a little bit of extra time to realize you can't touch the trigger at all until you're ready to shoot, like i said, the statement was made assuming you picked up a glock for the first time tomorrow

You can argue this but i don't think any handgun can take as much abuse as a glock can take, nor take any brand of ammunition without a hiccup, as well as be 100% ready to go out of the box, not to mention its about as easy as a revolver to maintain
the lightness was compared to other polymer framed pistols
and the g22 holds 15 i believe

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
OK.......... :)

For 10 of my 11 years as a police officer............ I carried a Glock. I also purchased one for home defense.

Most people who carry a weapon, regardless of the weapon (knife, stick, gun) don't train enought with it.

I believe (due to tons of studies) people make mistakes under stress (forget to remove safety etc)

Remember the video of the WPB Florida Jewelry Store Owner who pulled the gun on a robber, forgot to take it off of safety and was shot multiple times? Spike TV plays it quite a bit.

The reason I say that is ......... A Glock will fire when you pull the trigger. Now it may not be as pretty, light or accurate as other pistols..........but I chose it over many others when I chose one to stake my life on.

Again, guns are like haircuts............ personal preference. I just happen to prefer a Glock. :)

m33kr0b

Forum Crew Member
I second Luno on the p99 :)

I may have to pick up a g26 since it is more concealable than my p99 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.