Global incident map

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Our college teaches a course on WMD to our advanced EMT academy students, these are some scary times......:sad:

destinyemti

Forum Ride Along
Yes it a scary time to live in with all the crack pots out there.:wacko:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Scary yes, but most of the reports were B.S. Ironically, none of the cyanide and anthrax closing I have been involved in, was reported on the site. We get monthly "scares" at ER, pipe bombs and "possible Anthrax" at least every quarter at the local prisons..

What is scary is the crank heads carrying a potential bomb with the portable meth labs in their trunk of the car. This is more frightening to me than a potential WMD as well as the chances are greater I will come into contact with some form of this.

R/r 911

destinyemti

Forum Ride Along
That is so true RIDRIDER portable meth labs are all the craze now days.
And the sad part is like always the innocent ones are the ones that will eventually suffer and possibly loose their lives over some ones stupidity.:wacko: :wacko:

Recycled Words

Forum Crew Member
Meh...I'd agree with Ridryder911. I'm not half as nervous about WMD as I am about regular street crime.

I live in NYC and the only things listed on that map were:
Railways/Train Stations Detail 2006-12-19 00:00:00 US Manhattan, NY
NEW YORK - Subway service restored after suspicious package
--------------> Resolved. Some Cartoon Network ads. Nothing but a pain in the *** commute.

Chemical Incident Detail 2007-01-08 00:00:00 US Manhattan, NY
NEW YORK - Suspicious Gas Like Odor In New York
-------------------> Never figured it out, but nobody was injured, killed, etc. Just a nuisance

If that's the only threat of an attack on NYC I'm not too concerned

OP
OP
Stevo

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
Homeland Insecurity has insidious ways of justification, doesn't it?

Last year, a housewife here called 911 to report a domestic. Apparently her drunk redneck hubby somehow got ahold of some C4, waving it about in his stupor

the response was a full swat team/bomb squad, no holds barred, as the individual was considered undertaking a terrorist act

5 years ago he would have been just another domestic, with the possibility of being charged with possesion of a class A explosive

these days, it's a terrorist act , and ems gets to ride along behind the posse' to it all....

to add, the insurance cabal's statistical accountability for those nifty little terrorism riders we now all enjoy in our insurance packages have allowed them to up the ante'

the addage statistics don't lie, but liars use statistics never applyed better imho

~S~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wow. This is intresting.

I will actually save this URL and probably use it for my full-time job... our bosses are somewhat paranoid, but my job site is a large player in the US finacial industry.