Gimme the flu vaccine, or I won't play EMT!

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Words fail me. <_<
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_c61562c1-24d0-57cd-959a-4d2a27c95845.html

BEACH HAVEN - The captain of the Beach Haven First Aid Squad says she and her colleagues should not have to wait two days to receive the swine flu vaccine, but instead should be among the first to receive it.

Deborah Whitcraft, a former mayor and outspoken public figure, added that as a resident of Beach Haven and a taxpayer who funds the Long Beach Island Health Department, she should be able to receive a vaccination at the clinics.

reaper

Working Bum
They run 200 calls a year. What are the chances that they will even get a call in the next two days???

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
They run 200 calls a year. What are the chances that they will even get a call in the next two days???

Actually, it says /she/ runs 200 calls a year - but the logic holds, only a little more than a 50/50 chance of a call on any given day, if they distribute evenly. Talk about your bad attitudes, though.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Is this the part where the system would just fall apart without her, they couldn't survive without her dedication and skills??

ki4mus

Forum Crew Member
Is this the part where the system would just fall apart without her, they couldn't survive without her dedication and skills??

people like her are the reason paid guys don't like volleys........she (and people like her) need to shut up and go away...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
people like her are the reason paid guys don't like volleys........she (and people like her) need to shut up and go away...
Not quite. I could see an IAFF rep saying some of the same stuff because the firefighter-paramedics and firefighters that do first responder calls aren't getting the vaccine first.

Still - the attidude isn't right. The health department has a logical reason for who they are vaccinating first. And guess what - we've been exposed to these symptoms for 4 months now. Waiting two more days isn't a big deal.

I'm still waiting for my county health department to start giving it out to us. Some schools have it, some of the hospitals have had it... but nothing for EMS around me yet.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
"We cover 20 of the 18 miles of LBI, and we are the first to deal with these people. We've already had one swine flu case in Holgate," Whitcraft said.

So, your single swine flu case ever makes you a such a high priority that you can't wait a few days... :rolleyes:

Not sure if the "20 of the 18" is an editor error or her.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
You know what's ironic. The fact that she's not willing to run any flu calls now, yet will probably be willing to run a flu call the day after she get's the shot even though she won't have any immunity yet.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You know what's ironic. The fact that she's not willing to run any flu calls now, yet will probably be willing to run a flu call the day after she get's the shot even though she won't have any immunity yet.

Also she's not putting herself in a little bubble because she'll probably run into some flu people off the clock at the store or something.