Getting rehired

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
I did a search and did not find anything pertaining to this. But, in 2007 I worked for an ambulance company for almost 3 years. My partner and I got fired from said company.

Long story short where I'm moving to I put in applications 2 of the companies that I applied to were a subsidiary of the ambulance company I got fired from 6 years ago. I guess they bought out or have some kind of stock in these ambulance companies. With me getting fired from the parent company will that hurt my chances of getting hired in with these 2 companies?
How should I address getting fired from parent company if I get a interview? On the application it asked if I worked for the parent company before and I was honest and said yes. Should I of said no?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
What company? If it's what I think then here's this... If you have a magic oracle number then your status will follow you. If you don't have a magic oracle number then I don't know. If you get fired from a company that has oracle numbers, you cannot work for them again as you are not eligible for rehire. However... If you get hired by a company that does not that later gets bought by a company that does you get grandfathered in, and your status is magically changed.

Is that confusing at all?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
most applications have a check box that says "have you ever worked for this company before?" Employment can be easily tracked by SSN. If you're new company has standardized the HR process, you're in the system by the grace of your SSN. If you're eligible for rehire, then you're fine. If you were fired for cause, then I'd say your chances are slim.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
Thank you for your replies. I was actually quite surprised to receive an email from the company to set up a phone interview.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Well then, there you have it... Good luck.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
They outsourced their hr through avista systems Inc. More likely that's why I got the interview

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hmmm... Well.

All you can do is try. Maybe they won't catch it.