Getting Nervous!!

starbucks4511

Forum Probie
Hi y'all, I am new here, and next wed, the 30, is my state practicals, and june 4 is my state test! I am taking it in PA and getting nervous!! I know I'm smart and that I can do this, everyone tells me so.

Anyways, my main question is, did anyone fail the first time? How many tries did it take? I don't expect to fail my first time, but I'm just curious.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Your smart and you can do this.

Impulse

Forum Probie
I failed a few of my NREMT psycho motors the first time, thankfully I could retest the same day, and passed.

Failed KEDs because I forgot to say I was going to transport.

Failed supine, because the patient was a child, which threw me off. Ended up running out of time. Lesson learned.

Failed medical in Circulation because I forgot to ask if there was any life threatening bleeding.

If you are taking the NREMT written, make sure to schedule an appointment after 10am, unless you are a morning person. Which I am not. NREMT is very very simple, in a sense. Read the question, and remember what you have learned.

-BSI/Scene safe

-ABC's.

National will throw you a bunch of cardio info, but the correct answer is check the airway etc.

They also like GCS questions, which I was horrible at, but found a site that helped me practice.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/txsling/glasgow_coma_scale_for_cases

Lastly, get a good nights sleep, which will be hard due to anxiety. The day of the test, don't bother looking at a text book. If you haven't learned it by then, you won't learn it in a few hours. Do something to relax you mind. Eat something before you go, and try to avoid excessive amounts of caffeine.

Good luck.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I passed my first time through practicals. Don't overthink things, and do not cram the night before, that only increases your stress level.

OP
OP
S

starbucks4511

Forum Probie
Impulse, I'm not even sure what you are talking about! We only have 3 stations, medical, trauma, and CPR. I'm not taking the national test, merely my state tests for PA. Were not required to take the national test. But thank you for your pointers.