Get paid $22.00 an hour to go to medic class.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
1598022182495.png

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I love outside the box thinking...and this is a pretty good deal any way you slice it.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Its taking all my strength to refrain from a snarky comment

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Why? You’ll learn a lot about working in a Third World.
If I got overseas contract medic pay, then I'd take the job!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
honestly, this is a great option for a young and single EMT who wants to become a paramedic. maybe even a married EMT with no kids who want to get our of their current position and try something different
1) your education is paid for
2) you are paid while you are obtaining your education, so you won't have to juggle working full time and paramedic school
3) you have a guaranteed job once you finish their program and should you decide to leave after 3 years, you are no longer seen as a newbie medic, who has worked in a busy system that is a mix of urban and suburban response areas.

from https://www.govserv.org/US/Minneapolis/109295612484141/Hennepin-EMS
Hennepin EMS is comprised of three divisions: operations, communications, and education. Our Operations division responds to calls for service within our assigned response area. Operations also provide stand-by services at large sporting, community gathering, and public relations events. EMS Special Operations is the sole provider of medical services at US Bank Stadium, and advanced life support at Target Field, Target Center, and TCF Bank Stadium. Our nearly 200 paramedics provide advanced life support aid using state-of-the-art equipment, including Zoll X series cardiac monitors, LUCAS 2 devices, King Vision laryngoscopy, Panasonic A2 ePCR charting tablets with SafetyPad software, and much more. Our ambulances are custom built with safety in mind, making them both functional and the safest possible in the event of a collision.

If you ignore the whole incompetent government leadership, ugly uniforms, Ketamine PR disaster, and the plan to disband the city police force, it sounds like an awesome place to work for!