Ft Knox vs Tampa

Midazzled

Forum Crew Member
I'm considering taking an Army Reserve job in either Ft Knox or Clearwater, FL. If I take one of them, it is likely that I will eventually move to that location, and seek civilian employment as a Paramedic.

Does anyone have any insight into how the nearby civilian EMS systems work, to help me decide if one place is better than the other? I am interested in working at places that use up to date evidence based protocols, with a formulary to match, that allows a provider to use his/her head. I am also into having a robust orientation process and real continuing education.

Also, does anyone here have experience with nearby universities?

I know these questions are very broad, and I will use google also, but any input would be welcome.

garyh9900

Forum Ride Along
Pinellas County utilizes Sunstar Paramedics as their 911 EMS service(some entities within Pinellas County have their own services). The last time I checked they were offering relocation assistance, along with a $35,000 bonus after five years of service. I think starting pay is $17 or so an hour. I know they also provide tactical medics to the Pinellas County Sheriffs Dept SWAT team, I'm not sure what the eligibility requirements are, or what benefits one gets from membership. Im in SE Kentucky, and I have long thought about heading South for warmer weather and better opportunities, and Pinellas County appeared to have good opportunities, although I'm more interested in Tampa Fire, or something along those lines.