From LA County Scope to San Diego Scope..

alyssamarie

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, I hope everyone is having a good day and that someone can put an end to all my wondering-

I received my EMT in lovely Los Angeles County with my State Card for LACo.
Now I have been asked to test with AMR out here and I'm eternally grateful as it will be a great start for me. However, out of curiosity, I applied at AMR in San Diego and they want to me to test with them. I'm all about keeping my options and, why not? Who wouldn't want to live in San Diego (I've lived in LA all my life)

Here is the question that I can't seem to find the answer too;

How do I go about learning San Diego Scope of Practice, and getting certified in it? Even if it isn't different from Los Angeles, I still need the cert. saying I know San Diego.

Has anyone dealt with this? I'm so lost, its unbelievable. Thanks in advance for any help!

-Alyssa

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
Just go and apply for SD card. I did that and it only took a few minutes to fill out paperwork. You just need to show current NREMT CRT and you're golden. (That was 3 years ago. I hope it didn't change.)

OP
OP
A

alyssamarie

Forum Ride Along
Just go and apply for SD card. I did that and it only took a few minutes to fill out paperwork. You just need to show current NREMT CRT and you're golden. (That was 3 years ago. I hope it didn't change.)

Thank you! I had myself thinking that there was a lot more to it.
I'm still going to have to call someone about it because it only has an application for the state and county card. I already have my state and i'm sure it costs some kind of money.

Thanks for the quick reply though!

CWForest

Forum Ride Along
Go down to the county EMS office located at the address below. From that office you should be able to get just your county cert. Plus pick up your protocal book from that office while you're down there.

6255 Mission Gorge Road
San Diego CA 92120-3599
Corner of Mission Gorge and Glacier
(Entrance for EMS is on Glacier)