Fresh emt-b in orange county,ca

ogodinez7

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone, I will be obtaining my EMT-B license soon, I just wanted some insight as to what i could expect (pay, benefits, etc) for when i apply to some of the private ambulance companies here in Orange County, i was thinking Care, Schaffaer, and Medicare. The thing is i want to know if there gonna be any issue with me being only 19. Will that prevent me from getting a job because of the ambulance drivers license thing? Is there too much competition to find a job here? I just ask for some advice Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

bcemr

Forum Crew Member
Don't expect much. I had an EMT-B friend who was making a massive $11.50 an hour fresh out of school.

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
DONT APPLY TO AMERISCARE!!!!! Care is good. also Emergency amb does brea fire and IFTS there good. AMR. Good experiance try Mc cormic(there the lowest payed amb company in CA tho) IFT amb you make more money cuz most of the pts have insurance. most ambulances you get about 10...ish ifts around 12ish...ER TECH 15 +. Good LUCK!
P.S go to dmv and get a amb drivers packet. go home fill it out bring what it says to bring take your test. then you will get your amb drivers certificate in the mail. weather a company will hire you to drive is up to them. you can get the cert tho.

OP
OP
O

ogodinez7

Forum Ride Along
They dont treat there employes very well and they are super strict about time off and checks are always late. just not a fun place to work...this is from personal experiance.

So there's no companies i can apply to without the Ambulance Driver Certificate?
In order to get one i need a medical exam, which i have no idea where to get. THanks for your help

JPINFV

Gadfly
If you don't have a primary care physician, look up an industrial health clinic near you.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
So there's no companies i can apply to without the Ambulance Driver Certificate?
In order to get one i need a medical exam, which i have no idea where to get. THanks for your help

The medical consist of picking up the DMV dl51 form from your local and taking it to a licensed physician to be filled out. I just redid mine and it was 175 out of pocket, idk if that's normal.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
HOW HARD IS IT TO GET HIRED IF IM UNDER 21? ASSUMING I OBTAIN THE AMBULANCE DRIVER CERT.?? thanks

USUALLY IT IS PRETTY HARD. ALOT OF AMBULANCE COMPANIES CAN'T/WONT HIRE UNDER 21 YEAR OLD DUE TO INSURANCE ISSUES.

But there are companies out there that will make it so you just won't be able to drive, you would be the patient attendant. And some other ambulance companies will hire under 21 year old who can drive.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
HOW HARD IS IT TO GET HIRED IF IM UNDER 21? ASSUMING I OBTAIN THE AMBULANCE DRIVER CERT.?? thanks
I'm not usually one to say it but: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

It's been covered more times than you can imagine.

JPINFV

Gadfly
FIM2PNQFGWRG7AF.MEDIUM.jpg

As far as your question, it depends. It's harder, but not impossible especially if you're set up to be able to drive when you turn 21 (i.e. clean record, have a driver certificate, etc).