Fr2+ Aed

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Looking to purchase the FR2+ AED for our private first aid company and was just wondering how many people have used this, and how much they like the AED.
I was looking on the Philips website and I see that it can also be used by ALS providers, so if any ALS users have used it, your input is of course welcome.
Thank you!

Hastings

Noobie
Oh, neat! It even shows you the EKG Rhythm!

...Which basics won't understand.

But I think that's pretty awesome.

So other than having features that are completely useless to a Basic, it looks like a solid AED that has all the necessary capabilities.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I have used one once in training and found the rhythms to be off sometimes...a lot of sensitivity. Could have been the one that I used but I now have my doubts on using them.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
still cant let go of the als capabilities can you?

medics carry their own monitors that have much better capabilities that the "als" featured of an aed. they will switch over as soon as is physically possible. usually, if an aed has upgraded features, they are very limited. some can be complicated to override, requiring a code or key. they only show lead II. they cant pace. no XII lead. theres also the bls/mfr infatuation with als procedure angle. given your continued obsession with als features on an aed, i can vividly see you spending valuable time fiddling around with the aed trying to get it to do "cool" things. its a bad idea.

all that being said, phillips is my preferred manufacturer. i like the frx. but any of the aeds will do the trick. just try to get over the als features.

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
still cant let go of the als capabilities can you?
You have got to be kidding me!
I like that AED because it's simple, not because of the ALS capabilities. It looks like a simple easy to use AED that no matter who you are, you can use it and THAT is why I am interested in it. NOT becuase of the ALS capabilities. That has NOTHING to do with why I want it. They are options you can get when you purchase the AED, you have to buy the 3 leads and buy to have the rhythm on the screen.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
I was looking on the Philips website and I see that it can also be used by ALS providers,

in all your posts regarding this topic, this has been the central theme.

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Well I have been considering THIS AED not because of the ALS capabilities.. because I will not be purchasing the extras.. however knowing that this AED Can be used by ALS I was just Curious to how they work. I am simply looking for inputs on this unit. I couldn't care less about the possible ALS capabilities because we will not be adding them. Just the SIMPLE AED FEATURES ONLY.
Just so we are clear... I am not wanting this because of possibilities of ALS use. I want it because it is very simple, and if you need it, it can even coach you thru CPR.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, neat! It even shows you the EKG Rhythm!

...Which basics won't understand.

But I think that's pretty awesome.

So other than having features that are completely useless to a Basic, it looks like a solid AED that has all the necessary capabilities.

The post was asking if the unit they were considering would interface with an ALS response. Was it necessary to add the comment about basics? I mean, other than to just toss about some gasoline and matches. Please, can't we just show a little maturity?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well then i was mistaken and i apologize for the confusion.

you've picked out a good solid unit from a well respected manufacturer. i cant recommend a better unit for your purposes.

OP
OP
traumateam1

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
No worries KEVD18.. sorry if I came off kinda strong there.
But thank you for all of your suggestions. I have talked to my partner and we both agree this is a good unit for us. Espically for the people that are fresh outta the course and haven't used one before.. It looks like a real good one. :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
It is a good AED... but be sure to get one with the current ECC Guidelines in it.

As for using it for ALS... I've seen an ALS bike team do it - it is MUCH smaller than an average monitor/defib. - But as a BLS provider, don't pay extra for any of that "stuff"... it isn't going to help you, and might cause problems.