1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

FP-C Review Course! Which One?????

Discussion in 'HEMS and Air Medical Transport' started by CIRUS454, Oct 29, 2018.

1. CIRUS454

CIRUS454 Forum Crew Member

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    What's going on everyone? I have started to hunker down and start studying for the FP-C and I know a review course will help me greatly in passing on the first attempt. I can't decide on which one will be the best bang for the buck????? I know there is the course from IAMED, one from M.E.C.A. in Tampa, FL, the Pittman Course, one from FLIGHT BRIDGE ED, the online ACE PREP Course, and I am sure many more. Can everyone please give me there feedback on which course they think/have heard is the best? Thank you a bunch!!!!! Inbox me if you feel more comfortable.

2. DesertMedic66

DesertMedic66 Forum Troll

Education:
    Paramedic
    I can only speak for the IA MED course. It’s a 40 hour course that gives you CEU’s for your state license and specialty cert (if you already have your FP-C).

IMO it is a great review course. It will not teach you how to be a critical care provider or how to actually do many of the skills that are required to be a critical care provider. It does offer an introduction to many different aspects of the critical care/flight world.

The book that they use in the course is once again a great review/outline/review book to quickly go over information but is far from a complete critical care book.

They offer multiple FP-C style online exams that are very similar to the actual FP-C exam.

I am about 70% done with the FP-C/Critical Care review program from DistanceCME. So far it has been good.

3. CIRUS454

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    Are you doing a Critical Care Paramedic Program or just an FP-C review course so you can take the FP-C?

4. VentMonkey

VentMonkey calpuleque Premium Member

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    Pretty sure he’s doing it for con-ed. They’re all kind of similar in what they offer vs. what you take away from them.

It’s kind of hard to pinpoint one as the best one. I did Back To Basics out of (Glendale) AZ. Once I got my FP-C I took Creighton’s CCP course for FP-C con-ed. It’s similar to U of F’s.

5. DesertMedic66

DesertMedic66 Forum Troll

Education:
    Paramedic
    I took the IA MED program and tested FP-C a couple of months later. Now I am just using it for FP-C CEUs. My company is reimbursing me for the costs of it.

6. CIRUS454

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    I did University of Florida's UFCCP course back when it was only in person. Now you can only do it online. Thank goodness I got it when I did because I can't imagine doing that course online. It was much more advanced than I thought it would be and I had a hard time grasping some of the topics. Luckily the instructors worked with me and made sure I got up to speed. It is by far the most challenging course I have taken in my whole career and I highly recommend it to everyone!

7. PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic Has no idea what I'm doing.

Education:
    Paramedic
    I did the IA MED class. As said before, it's good for test prep and will give you a good overview. Helped me pass the FP-C. I'm looking at doing Lenoir community college's new critical care class some time early or mid next year for CE's.

8. StCEMT

StCEMT Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    It's actually not that bad online. It's a ton of info to keep up with, but I really like the online format. Plus I can always rewatch lectures, which I often do.

CIRUS454 likes this.