Fort Worth Paramedic Gigs

Fox800

Forum Captain
I'll be moving up to Fort Worth in late June/early July to start graduate school. Can you guys recommend any good places to work as a paramedic? I've got four years of 911 experience as a medic.

Places I've currently got my eye on:

-MedStar (not currently hiring paramedics)
-AMR Arlington (ditto)
-CareFlite (ditto)
-Cook Children's

Thanks!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
MedStar does Fort Worth and 14 other cities. Correct, they aren't currently looking for Paramedics, but give it a week or two and I guarantee they will.

AMR Arlington... they hire at times but are hard to get on with (Not due to being strict, but due to a good boy type system and people staying on) The medics I know there are content with it. However, you're pretty much AFD's b****.

CareFlite does ground 911 in Johnson County, Segoville and Balch Springs, but you'd be hard pressed getting in one of those off the bat and are more likely to get stuck in the Dallas operations doing transfers.

Cooks, I hear good about, pays decent, Paramedics can actually do things in their ER, and I have a former classmate that works in the ER.

AMR has a Dallas branch that does mainly IFT, but also has 911 in Collin County and Hunt County, again... hard to get in on due to medics staying forever.

Rockwall County... pay is meh, but the friend I have there enjoys it, and they treat you rather well.

Wise County... never hires. Ever. Ever never ever.

Lone Star EMS, in Dallas as a transfer company, has a great reputation from its employees.

Granbury/Hood county, someone on this forum works there and he seems to enjoy it, but again, them hiring appears to be a rarity.

Then a bunch of small IFT agencies in Dallas. MedStar has Tarrant county locked down, and AMR has Arlington locked down, so all the other transfer agencies are relegated to the Dallas side. All the other 911's not named are fire based, and tend to be on the Dallas side of DFW.

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
If you're willing to do transfers and need part-time flexibility I'm willing to bet a bright yellow company could find a place...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Is it weird that so many of these companies (Lone Star, for instance) don't have websites? What's up with that?

OP
OP
F

Fox800

Forum Captain
Thanks for the help guys. I'm looking for part-time 911. I understand that might be hard to find. I don't necessarily have to work, I was just hoping for something to keep up my skills and earn a little extra cash.

I have no interest in doing ground IFT. I'd rather not work than do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, no thank you.

Hey don't knock it till you've tried it. We have different management from the rest of the state and have happy refugees from most of the other IFT companies in the area...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
PM sent usalsfyre.

Linuss, same to you.

Squad51

Forum Crew Member
I know you said "Ft. Worth" but if you're willing to drive a little bit check out ETMC-EMS in Tyler. They cover all over the eastern part of the Dallas area. Like Wylie, Forney, Seagoville, Red Oak, Waxahachie etc. Waxahachie wouldn't be a bad drive depending on where in Ft. Worth you were. And it's all 911.