Forgotten Victims of 9/11

Wingnut

EMS Junkie

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
"They served New York and it cost them their health and even their lives. They deserve nothing less than long-term, gold-standard health care - now."

Amen.

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I couldn't agree more!

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
2nd the sentiment

but what do you see happening?

~S~

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It's absolutely clear they deserve support. Unfortunately I'm not sure they'll get it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
This topic keeps being ignored.... it is VERY sad.

I'm worried what myself and some of my co-workers will see in 2 or 4 years from the Katrina Water in New Orleans.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Seriously though, what were they going to do? Tell Manhattan that the air isn't safe to breathe, and have the ensuing riots and mass exodus... to WHERE?

Just like any big company, they look at the risks and costs and decide which course of action will cause the least damage in the long run. Lives are expendable people - both by corporations and the government. It happens every day. Do you know how many product defects are not recalled because it is cheaper to pay out in the event of injury, illness or death rather than to do the recall? Same thing here.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
Do you know how many product defects are not recalled because it is cheaper to pay out in the event of injury, illness or death rather than to do the recall? Same thing here.

very true on the risk/benny ratio Rescuecpt

so here's a good one off the top of my pointy head...

approx 80,000 new chemicals on the market since WW2, and a (what is it now?) 1 in 5 chance of cancer as an American

nobody can connect the two, can they?

~S~