Fletcher Allen Coordinated Transport

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Hi all!

So as some of you know, I originally wanted to do EMS full time after nursing school (1 more year until that darn BSN! :p), and do nursing part time. However, I've been working as a Basic this summer, and I've decided that even at the paramedic level (obviously I have no experience working as a paramedic, but I work with them all the time at my job), EMS isn't going to be something that I wish to make a full-time career of.

So now, I'm looking at higher-functioning providers that do similar things to EMS, because there are some aspects of EMS that I really like a lot. I'm looking at jobs like HEMS, and others (I know I have to get critical care experience before I move on to something like HEMS if that is the path I decide to go. If that is the path, I'll also do medic school or challenge the test, and work part time in EMS while getting ICU nursing experience before applying).

However, one thing I am considering is doing strictly critical care transfers. Every so often, I see the Fletcher Allen Coordinated Transport ambulances in my area, and so I decided to look them up. It seems that this may be something that I'm interested in, specifically with this company (they're hospital based, out of Fletcher Allen up in Vermont).

With that being said, has anybody worked for them, or know anybody that does? Does anybody have any information on what the hiring process is like? Or requirements for working for them as an RN? I've looked around their website, but I haven't found that much. From what I understand you work in the ICU until you're needed for a transport?

Thanks!