First Trauma call

shelvpower

Forum Crew Member
Hi guys if you have read my previous posts you would know that im currently 17yo and a ride along with a local ambulance service in South Africa, last Saturday night we were dispatched to a residential area for a pedestrian knockdown, on arrival we found the pt in Vfib and immediately started CPR, we loaded him in the ambo and the Paramedic immediately started to give the pt drugs and startes advanced life support procedures, while me and a BLS emt continued CPR. The paramedic later told me near the hospital the pt went into a Sinus bradi (dont know what that means).
Unfortunately the patient was declared dead at the hospital after further resuscitation attempts.
This was my first big trauma call and first patient in Vfib.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Cool. How'd you like it? You know, minus the dead patient part.

Side note: Periods are your friend.

Edit: Sinus Brady is a heart rhythm. It is essentially saying that the heart is beating the way it is supposed to, just slower than it is supposed to. Sinus means its coming from the Sinoatrial node, and brady means slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats you broke your cherry. My first code was a disaster. We were first on scene and forgot to bring everything in, the monitor, the Lucas, O2... We also had the two hardest paramedics on that day, and on top of everything it was pouring rain. I didn't have a trauma call until about a year after I joined a volunteer fire department and it was a dude who was stabbed in the heart. You never forget your firsts lol